Floaters

by DFWnonJW 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Nos.....Ah, that is conjunctivitis. I had that a while back. We're actually talking about stuff floating INSIDE the eyes

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Nos,

These are cells and other matter that seems to be suspended in the fuild that fills the eyeball. If you look at a blank wall,,and look for little objects that seem to float and always returns after eye movements to the same spot in your field of vision.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

So am I the only one who can also see the blood flow inside my eye? It freaked me out when I started to notice them, cos it looked like I had hundreds of floaters zipping everywhere. They are easiest seen when looking into the sky but I can also watch them by staring in a single spot for a prolonged period of time. Pretty good for meditation, I guess.... since you can get in time with your heartbeat and see them move in rhythm....

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I don't see blood cells but I can see the effects of my heart beating,,kinda hard to discribe,,but there is a slight change in the normal vision "static"(for lack of a better word). I do recall in the past seeing these blood cells moving or pulseing but that was after spending a considerable amount of time daydreamingly watching the show.

When I was a kid, sometimes I would spend an hour or so looking at a piece of lint(had excellent close vision),,probing it with my mind,,squeezing it,,blowing it up in the air catching it and so on.

• cab1000
    cab1000

I have floaters all the time. Thought it was because of my detached retina surgery, when I was in first grade. Guess they are more normal! Thanks guys!

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Here's some info on floaters (the eye variety, BTW - not the kind that you get yelled at for not flushing )

http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/spotsfloats.htm

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

This has got to be the weirdest thread yet!!!!

But I'm going to post to it anyway.

Sometimes when I'm in the shower, if it's a very hot shower I get little "tracers". I always thought it was because I dropped acid when I was 15

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Okay, I don't get those things (as far as I can tell). That reminds me of that Blue Oyster Cult song, "Veins in my eyeballs!"

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Chevy,

When I was a kid and would do LSD I would close my eyes and see paisly type designs in full color even for several days afterward.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

gee.. and I thought I was the *only* nutjob that paid attention to those hairy things in my eyeballs! HEHEHHE. I notice that when I look up into flourescent lights, the the floaters make the light refracted. Pretty wild. I went to the eye doctor and he said they were perfectly normal. I did notice, however, that when I was in a deep depression, my mind turned those harmless floaters into indications of a major disease. Yes, I'm a hypocondriac! Heh.

If you look up into the sky, and quickly look to the side, they go away. If you turn your head toward the direction they went, you can catch up with them. If you turn your body all the way around, sometimes you can outrun them. Do it lots of times, you fall to the ground because you are dizzy, knock yourself out, then you can't see them at *all*.

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit