Floaters

by DFWnonJW 33 Replies latest jw friends

• new light
    new light
    Imagine trying to explain it to a policeman after an accident...."No officer, I'm not drunk. I was merely trying to focus on a floater....." They'd have you locked up and on Prozac before you took your next breath!!!

ROLFL bull01lay!

I used to have a very distracting floater problem. Every time I turned my head, there was a trail of sparks and floaters streaming across my visual field. Then I stopped daily psychedelic use. Problem solved. I do miss the little buggers, though!

• Emma
    Emma

Though they're not dangerous, I find them more than annoying. Sometimes they get in the way when I'm trying to read or write. My eye doctor fitted me with bifocals that are supposed to help disguise them while reading, but I haven't noticed any difference. They do tend to get worse with age, from what I've been told.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i have one in each eye, but i hardly notice them.

• greven
    greven

Weird! The only time I have these floaters is when I stared too long into the sun or a computer screen...

Greven

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I have at least 6 in EACH eye.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

LOL Stefanie, so did I! Brilliant minds think alike!

Was even gonna recommend a double-flush, that usually works!

lol Ohio! We probably were drinking from the same cup.. Kinda had too much..

Double Flush works great especially for baby poopie..

Sorry bttt

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I've got them in my right eye. They are the result of an injury about 10 years ago.

Yes, they are very annoying when I see them but that only happens every now and then. I can usually get them to move out of my field of view by moving my eye around a bit.

Another interesting side effect of my eye injury is an odd form of floater that I like to call "Seaweed". Under the right lighting conditions I can see at the bottom of my vision a bunch of things swaying around that look just like seaweed. Sometimes I will play with it and make the strands all sway different ways by moving my eye around.

Even though I have all of these odd things in my eye, no one can tell just by looking at my eye... it looks 100% normal from the outside. You can only tell by looking in my eye with a strong magnifying glass and a light. (This lets you see the internal structures of my eye).

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

Hey DFW,

You might want to see your eyecare professional if there have been changes in your floaters recently! Floaters are normal (either from embryonic left-overs OR from the normal aging process), BUT if there are changes in appearance, location, intensity, frequency, you should get them looked at by a professional. Especially if they are accompanied with flashing lights in the eyes.

In my office, we see these all the time, and usually they are benign. However, if we have a patient call reporting changes, we always bring them in so that I can check them out. Worse case scenario is that the changes can be a direct link to an impending or fresh retinal detachment (= a very bad thing). These need immediate attention.

Free medical advice offfered by

EyeDrEvil (yes, I really am an eye doctor)

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Okay, I'm trying to figure out what you're all talking about here. Are you talking about those sticky goopy things that get stuck to your eyeball? If so, I like trying to get them out. Pulling a big string of glop from your eye is fun!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I guess that all you people trying to follow the floaters in your eyes are the ones I have in the past mistaken for daytime drunks. If so, I apologize to the drunks.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit