Higher Education

by eiu2003 39 Replies latest jw friends

• PeaNUT
    PeaNUT

BTW, the only reason I make reference to the WT reader's mistakes is that I would think a group of people that claim to know so much about false religion would at least be able to pronounce the names of said religions...

• avengers
    avengers

Why should I resent this?

There are so many Awakes and Watchtowers and other books written by these "men" full of Spirit.
    Just keep reading them and you'll find you'll be better educated than the average college person.

?Parents who are Jehovah's witnesses have another very sound reason for channeling their children's lives into useful trades. They know from fulfilled Bible prophecy that today's industrial society is near its end. Soon it will be given its death stroke by Almighty God himself. After that, in God's new order a reconstruction work will be done to transform this entire earth into a paradise. Trades of many types will be very useful then, as will skills in agriculture and homemaking . So by guiding their children away from the so-called 'higher' education of today, these parents spare their children exposure to an increasingly demoralizing atmosphere, and at the same time prepare them for life in a new system as well.?
    Awake!, June 8, 1967, p. 8.

• Golf
    Golf

And were encouraged to be 'balanced,' yeeks.

Guest 77

• Schizm
    Schizm
    They know from fulfilled Bible prophecy....--Awake!, June 8, 1967, p. 8.

There was a time when I was really thrilled that Jesus' prophecy there in Matthew 24:7 was undergoing fulfillment . But now that I've realized that the prophecy hasn't even begun to be fulfilled yet (some 29 years ago), I'm very distraught. How that anyone who knows the 1914 doctrine is based on error but still yet manages to participate in field service and meeting attendance is a huge mystery to me. How, for crying out loud, can a person offer literature to the public which is KNOWN to contain and promote what amounts to a major falsehood? By my having read some of the comments over at e-watchman I see that that's exactly what some of those there say they do. They don't believe the 1914 stuff anymore, yet they are WILLING to share that error with others they meet in the field. "Stupid" doesn't seem quite strong enough of a word to describe it. There is absolutely no REASON to it!

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

No ... no regrets (not sure it would have brought me farest than I did - and I didn't like the higher positions that much)

And about the matter of higher education : I would say that good education is enough (cause what if we only got Doctors and Lawyers ?) For instante in France the rate about the owners is about :

30 % - high educated people
    70 % - Non high eductated

It talks by itself ... and to go further on the subject for instance when here an Employee in computing field get less and less chance to get a job. An simple electrician (because we don't have enough of them) will get the job right then and with a higher salary.

• eiu2003
    eiu2003

BTTT

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Yes... I am looking forward to going to school. I might be 30 by the time, but i am gratefull that i can still do this.

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

eiu,

Well, let's try posting a topic. One of the things i felt i missed out on while i was a witness, other than wild sex when young [you also missed a comma] is Higher Education. I quit HS [high school] to Pioneer[.] and now [ I ] have just recently finished [earned] a college degree and [ I ] am still working on my Masters, [start new sentance] But i find myself resenting that i have had to do this all [all of this] at night and while in my forties. I felt as a JW i was discouraged from Higher Education. Does anyone esle [else] feel this resentment?
    Now, look very close at the paragraph you wrote. I quoted it for you. Tell me, do you really have a degree? What kind of crap education are you getting? If you do have a degree, it certainly did not involve the use of good English. Or are you just screwing around. To make it easier for you, I have yellow highlighted some of the points at issue. There are other grammatical and sentence structure errors, but I don't want to completely discourage you. No, I am not being an anal-retentive ass. I am mostly having fun with you. We all make errors in our writing. Certainly, this forum lends itself to informality. I find it difficult, however, to understand how anyone with a degree would choose to make such a post as you did. You are making an introduction of yourself to the forum, so first impressions do count ... especially if you are going to claim you have recently earned a degree. Jim W.

• avengers
    avengers
    No, I am not being an anal-retentive ass.

lookey here.

• talesin
    talesin

Amazing

FIRST OF ALL, DESIB77 STARTED A THREAD TO WELCOME HER FATHER, eiu2003.

What is your point?

I don't want to completely discourage you.

Are you sure?

I think your post was downright mean.

Having typed MANY MANY MANY university papers whilst running my own computer/word processing business, I can unequivocally state that grammatical excellence is required for neither an undergrad nor a post-grad degree.

Besides, this is an informal discussion board, not an examination/testing site for grammar.

I apologize for the rudeness of that post, eiu2003, and say,

WELCOME eiu2003

Congratulations on going back to school!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit