Hi, I'm new to the site, and kind of don't understand...

by my-journey 70 Replies latest jw friends

• my-journey
    my-journey

Hi,

I was just curious as to the aim of this website? I thought it was a discussion board for those interested in/ for Jehovah's Witnesses, but it seems like you're all former Jehovah's Witnesses? So is this site just to bash Jehovah's Witnesses? What do you believe in now? Have you all gone back to the ailing Catholic/Protestant churches? Have you moved onto Islam, in spite of the negative press, etc? What do you all believe now? Who do you think knows the truth? Are you still searching, or do you think Jehovah is the truth, but because it didn't work out with you first time round, you've decided not to continue looking, cos you know you've found the truth, but it didn't work out convenient to you - I hope that's clear? Do you think about Armageddon? Do you now believe that this earth wasn't desgned by [a] God, but was a random accident? Do you hate Jehovah's Witnesses (I expect you wouldn't HATE them, just not believe in what they say, if you have moved to Protestant/Catholic religions)?

I really did think this site was aimed at Jehovahs Witnesses, but it's just a hate site, and you're all entitled to hate Jehovah's Witnesses - after all, most people do, even so called Christians - however, I do enjoy reading anything that challenges the faith, I want to know that I have come into the right religion. When I talk to my Baptist Church friends, I get more confident, as I point them to stuff they didn't know, or don't observe (e.g. it says a tree (for cross) in their bible 3 times, Christmas, Sun God etc). If Jehovah's Witnesses weren't the true religion, I don't think there would be one (or who is? Anyone think differently?), as I don't see others that outwardly appear peaceful, truthful and ready to serve God down to the letter, for want of a better expression. I am new to the faith though, and like to look at other religions, as they always seem to confirm that I have just joined the right one.

Isn't the URL a bit misleading? Shouldn't it be called "EX-JW's" or something, so that people are forewarned that you people are former JWs, anti-JWs even? Shouldn't there be some kind of notice on the homepage that whoever is looking to learn about the religion has come to the wrong site?

Also, what is that DONATE icon for? Who is it exactly that needs sponsoring, if you are all EX-Jehovahs Witnesses?

Thanks in advance for your replies. I'm going through a lot of anti-JW stuff online. It's quite funny. Some just blatantly hate JWs, others say its doctrines are false, but then also say: Islam could be truer than Christianity, because there is no trinity as God couldn't pray to himself. In effect, they prove JW doctrines whilst questioning them. I thank you once again for not getting offended at my post.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Why don't you just do the research for yourself?

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Welcome to the site. Maybe you can read some threads..

Thanks in advance for your replies. I'm going through a lot of anti-JW stuff online. It's quite funny
    Thats probably why they tell you to stay away from online information.
  • garybuss
    garybuss
    If Jehovah's Witnesses weren't the true religion, I don't think there would be one

LOL, I guess I'd have to agree with that one:-) GaryB

• Aalena
    Aalena

I'm new to this site but from what I've read there are people with multiple views that come here and share their feelings. Not everyone here hates JWs. I think everyone just tries to share their views in search for someone to relate to. Being a JW is a way of life. Changing that way of life can be very tramatic and conflicting since it means leaving behind many that you have grown close to. Personally, I can see this place being a support to me because I find others that can relate to my feelings of non-belief in the religion of JWs. I was a JW from birth. My mother and youngest sister are still JWs. I was a pioneer and very active in the congregation as a young teen. At 16 or 17 I stopped going to meetings. I was "publicly reproved" in those years somewhere.. but in the 8 years since, remained inactive. I will never become a JW again, but strongly believe that everyone must do what makes them happy in life so I do not denounce others for continuing with them if they are truly happy with it. Nor do I, personally try and change their mind about the religion.

• Aalena
    Aalena

Oh, and I'd guess that the Donate Icon is to keep the domain and message boards going =) They aren't for free =D

• Special K
    Special K

Welcome My journey

You have just asked enough questions to keep this site spinning for months.

Would suggest you start topic thread again and ask one question at a time and then wait for responses.

I was just overwhelmed with such a lot of questions at once.

welcome again

Sincerely

Special K

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Its not about hate, its about healing and association.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well to answer your question I am a 77 year old woman I served Jehovah Witnesses for over 20+years

I would have died for them, going through 2 no blood operations, being beaten by my husband for being one, I made 10 people JW's.
    Do I hate them ???? No I love them ... I was disfellowshipped because I could not believe Jesus came in 1914.... They teach hatred against any who do not believe what they teach ( that is not even in scripture -show me where 1914 is written ??? Dont quote Matthew to me either i did that for many years at the doors.
    We have learned after research that The Organization of Jehovahs Witness have lied to us.....

The scriptures say DONT add to the Bible & dont take awy they have done both.....

Go & do research little one... Learn before you jump in with two feet.

http://exwitnessgrace.homestead.com/free.html

• kat2u
    kat2u

hello my- journey and welcome to this site,

I think what you may be seeing here is that many of us are in pain from this religion.We have lost so much to it because of the shunning and disfellowshipping.

Once you are a baptized witness you cannot leave without loosing the love and support of all those who are jws.You no longer have the a choice to change your mind.

Shunning is a terrible thing and causes much hurt pain and yes anger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit