What is the difference between Creationism and Intelligent Design?

by somebodylovesme 87 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Elsewhere:
    IMHO the bible only supports the terraforming of the planet.
    Personally I lean on the side of guided creation, by someone with a sense of humour.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Ah ? ... OK ... didn't know the difference of the terminology (Thanks)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Elsewhere - Do dubs accept the Big Bang???

Yes they do. However, to be honest, I've never research their view of it over time. I'm currious if there are any references to it in older literature.

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme
    Intelligent design assumes evolution

Hmm. So the two are entirely different ... ? I am so confused.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Evolution cannot explain creation. Something had to be there to evolve in the first place. Evolution does not, by definition, explain the beginning of anything.

That is the Difference......

?You cannot look at the beauty of this world and how it all works together, you cannot look at an MRI of the human body, you just cannot look at it and say, 'Man, what a great accident.'?

I agree......

• rem
    rem

Somebody,

This Wikipedia article on Intelligent Design might help you out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_design

Hope that helps!

rem

• Gerard
    Gerard

From: http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/evolution.htm Who's What?

A CREATIONIST: A creationist is a person who rejects the theory of evolution and believes instead that the each species on earth was put here by a Divine Being. A Creationist might accept "micro-evolution" (changes in the form of a species over time based on natural selection), but rejects the notion that one species can-- over time-- become another species.

YOUNG EARTH CREATIONIST: A young earth creationist believes that the earth is nowhere near the 4.6 billion or so years old that most scientists estimate, but is instead closer to 6,000 or so years old, based on the assumption the Genesis contains a complete listing of the generations from Adam and Eve to historical times.

INTELLIGENT DESIGN PROPONENT: An ID proponent rejects the theory of evolution and, more generally, the notion that natural law and chance alone can explain the diversity of life on earth. Instead, the ID proponent argues--often from statistics--that the diversity of life is the result of a purposeful scheme of some higher power (who may or may not be the God of the Bible).

EVOLUTIONIST: An evolutionist accepts the Darwinian argument that natural selection and environmental factors combine to explain the diversity of life we see on earth. An evolutionist may or may not believe that evolution is the way in which a Divine Being has chosen to work in the world. Evolutionists divide into various camps, including PUNCTUALISTS (who believe that evolution usually occurs sporadically, in relatively short bursts, as the result of major environmental change) and GRADUALISTS (who are more inclined to believe that evolution occurs more evenly, over longer periods of time). The PUNCTUALISTS seem now to be winning the argument.

There's a web site called Intelligent Design Vs. Creationism and have a discussion board:

http://www.tsoup.org/index.php

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

Thanks, Gerard and rem! ::::: reading now :::::

• El blanko
    El blanko
    Same BS, different name.

You forgot to add - IMO. Tut tut, how naughty

• El blanko
    El blanko
    Hmm... if one concludeds that the universe needed to be created because of its complexity, does that not mean the even more complex god needed to be created too?

Not really, I see what you are saying though. The argument asserted excludes the creator. That particular lobby support the idea of the physical universe that surrounds us being created, not God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit