Newbies to screwbies, At what stag of recovery are you?

by jst2laws 69 Replies latest jw experiences

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Six,

When I get to Dallas next week, I hope we can talk.
    Only if you mean in a non-professional sense; I ain't paying you another hundred bucks, dammit!

• gumby
    gumby
    I ain't paying you another hundred bucks, dammit!

I'd be careful too. I gave the guy 200 bucks and he never even called me. He's a damn shister.

Gumliar

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

La Bellamargarita,

I gave up all my friends on the"outside" when I became a Witness, only to have them replaced by people who merely patronised me; patted me on the head when I did well in the ministry but otherwise ignored me.

Ha, you are so right to recognize this.

My wife and I laughed when we read your comment, "when I think about being a witness . . . I just feel sad and very very stupid!!!!!!!" We too have had those 'feelings', but let me assure you, you are not stupid. Maybe we all at one time WERE STUPID, but we got smart.

exjdub,

The biggest lie that the Organization spreads is that everyone who leaves the "Spiritual Paradise" of the WTBS either "returns to the vomit" of the "World" or crumples into a bundle of failed hopes and dreams and are failures at life.

Isn't that the truth. We feared leaving because of that lie. I have met between 100 and 200 of the posters here and they are a happier lot than the JWs ever were.

Anyone that reads this: Don't waste another day of your life thinking that you are not good enough, or that you don't do enough.

Amen to that.

Sunnygal41

Yeah, moods are a factor.

Brummie

the JWs are so far in the past that I dont know them anymore.

We discovered that even those we considered friends were not compatible relationships. We simply put up with the incompatibilities because we were "all brothers". Now we choose friends from people we are truely compatible with. We have more friends now then every before in our lives.

Six

I ain't paying you another hundred bucks, dammit!

You must be kidding. That check bounced just like all the others.

Jst2laws

• gumby
    gumby
    The biggest lie that the Organization spreads is that everyone who leaves the "Spiritual Paradise" of the WTBS either "returns to the vomit" of the "World" or crumples into a bundle of failed hopes and dreams and are failures at life.

Actually it's not a complete lie

Many who have exited go off the deepend in life with no hopes or dreams. What the Watchtower fails to tell you is.......they are the ones who robbed people of their dreams or hopes,... they are the ones who destroy self worth and self esteem in individuals, ....they are the ones who throw you out in the cold from them.........then they have the nerve to say............."watch him now and watch him fail". Many do crumble and go bonkers for awhile. Gee....I wonder why? No more family, no more friends, no more religion you once had, a warped sense of reality and other warped religious ideas imbeded in your brain by them.

Do they truly expect disenters to not be affected by what they themselves have imposed on others?

I wonder what kind of life the GB would end up living if they were kicked out in the cold with no help or support from former friends. I'll bet many would not have survived as Ray did.........at least keeping the dignity, and love he still held onto for others, and pulling himself out of where they left him.

Gumby

Gumby

• blondie
    blondie

Well, my husband told me that I didn't answer the question so I'll try again. At what stage of recovery are you? Are you angry? I am no longer angry. Not that I wasn't for some time while I was still attending. But I realized it was hurting me physically and spiritually. Once I stopped attending the meetings, things improved greatly

Are you depressed? I went through my depression during the time I was dealing with the alcohol issues and sexual abuse issues in my family. The skills I learned then and the help from counselors and survivors made this stage of leaving a spiritual abusive religion easier. Are you yet desperately looking for the 'only true religion' to replace what you have lost? While I have attended various religious services, it has not been with a view of finding the one true religion. I have realized that spirituality begins with the individual not a group. Are you past these stages and have found happiness and contentment again? We are enjoying our life immensely since we have more time to do it and no one telling us how to do it. We are re-establishing connections with non-JW family and friends and finding ways to use our time productively to actually help people not just mark time on a slip. It has really helped us to find other people further down the road of healing after leaving the WTS. The only thing that is certain is now, so I try to live in the "now." I like to listen to Loretta Laroche, a non-religious motivational speaker, who helps companies/groups deal with stress.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today is a gift. That's why it's called 'the present'. (Loretta LaRoche)

Blondie

• exjdub
    exjdub
    I wonder what kind of life the GB would end up living if they were kicked out in the cold with no help or support from former friends.

Gumby,

What comes to mind is Mr. Burns, from the Simpsons, without Smithers to tend to his every need.

exjdub

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

WARNING!!! Exiting a destructive, high control cult will INDUCE HYSTERIA. Call it 'Stockholm Syndrome' / 'battered-spouse syndrome' / 'shell shock'. Whatever, it may be delayed, that's why it's called P.T.S.D. (post - traumatic - stress - disorder).

Prepare your family as you would for a disaster drill. Remember our motto: " THERE IS LIFE AFTER THE CULT"

There is plenty to live for!! It will take time (the great healer) to adjust

'STOCKHOLM SYNDROME': http://dannyhaszard.com/stockholm_syndrome.htm The 'flunky','Ghouls for GOD '.Jehovah witness church elders Arrogance of Ruthless Egotism create your disastrously dysfunctional problem in the FIRST place.with their politics,and cliques.Disfellowship,you for the problems that they initated.

Then, come up from behind and like 'ghouls,do a :"Postmortem"and''analyze till, their paralyzed'',as to why on earth you had a ,shipwreck of your faith?

So,sometimes in dispair you stumple into an odyssey SURROGATE/DISPLACEMENT RAGE a.k.a. the, "BOMB".....of self destructive behavior.Leaving the'truth' and going to the dogs is not a self-fulfilling prophecy.They are the ones who 'wreck' you and your family.

The bastards are truly wolves in sheep's clothing.(Matthew 7:15).Your family is now out of the picture,to render you support,because of the WT$'s satanic divide and conquer family wrecking.

This is a pure demonic, psychopath,play book.The demons wan't to get back at humanity,and crave anything carnal and harmful,to us because they know they are doomed and wan't to take as many, as the chosen with them.

?? THINKING OF GETTING OUT OF THE CULT ??

Be a "coy Roy" and "don't look back Jack"

Just go missing, MIA , (missing in action)

Don't let the control freak, church elders know your plans...

Be as elusive and as evasive as they are..

Hey Babe ! To use the all purpose elder catchphrase :: IT'S CONFIDENTIAL

• gumby
    gumby

Danny....how come everytime I see one of your posts I feel like I just put on reading glasses?

Gumby

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Good point I need to cool my jets.Watchtower liar man on fire. Tank

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Danny....how come everytime I see one of your posts I feel like I just put on reading glasses?

Gumby

LOL @ Gumby, you ain't got no ears silly!! How could you wear glasses? Me thinks if you can't see Dannyboy's post there is more wrong with you than yer poor eyesight!!!! Signs you've been in a damn cult too long when you can't see the writing on the wall.lol

here ya go Gumby!

Kate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit