The funniest comment I ever gave at the KH....

by logansrun 21 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

It was the written review and I KNEW all the answers (what person with half a brain didn't -- or couldn't "figure it out" at his/her seat?). But, I was also the Literature Servant and had to get that month's request done before the meeting was over. So, right after song and prayer I went into the elders room and compiled the request (there were ALWAYS brothers doing some work in there. Anything to get out of a meeting!)

Well, I finished the report, took a pee and got a seat at the back of the hall. It was the point in the review where questions were being answered by the audience. The overseer on stage read something that seemed so obvious, like:

"He who commits fornication is sinning against his own body."

Yeah, like I haven't heard that before! So, I raised my hand and said "True" into the microphone. There was a long pause. People started to turn and look at me. The overseer started to chuckle. "Well, it...uh.....it MUST be true!" I said. At this point the hall was roaring.

It was match the scripture to the statement. Doh!

Bradley

• dustyb
    dustyb

i remember one watchtower study when the CO was here. i was bored and nobody would answer. so i just kindly lifted up my whole hand and BS'ed for like 5 minutes. i read the paragraph before and the paragraph after. i really didn't answer any of the questions, i was just wasting time because i thought the CO would have a pissed look on his face.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

My wife's cousin was asked by the Circuit Overbeer to read a scripture (some scripture where a boy goes to a prostitute, and it's somehow paralled to a person going to be slaughtered), and she started laughing the more she read the scripture.

After the meeting my inlaw was asked by the CO who she was, and luckily it was not my inlaws daughter. My wife's cousin if from across the coast.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Some comment about all animals are souls.

• Angharad
    Angharad

I dont remember doing this but I've been reminded about it time and time again.... I was about 4 and the speaker asked something like 'who is the greatest man that ever lived on earth (or something along those lines) etc blah blah and I shouted out really loud so everyone heard.... DADDY !!!!

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Angharad, how sweet, that's just about the cutest thing I ever heard.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Angharad, that was an hones answer !!

• glitter
    glitter

Angharad - that was sooooo sweet!

Only thing I remember was an elder whispered an answer in my ear (I was about 4) and I either couldn't hear it, or it was too hard to pronounce, so I *made something up* that was *wildly* incorrect. But I can't remember enough about it for it to be a funny story... :?

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

The funniest comment I ever said was not in the Kingdom Hall but in the Church and I was around four or five and I slipped off the pew and I said in a very loud voice

OH SHIT!!

the minister looked at my mother and my mother wanted to die on the spot. And I thought it was funny.

Orangefatcat.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

OFC!!! LMAO!!!

I don't remember any particular time saying anything funny, but, I'm sure I had my share of gaffs.....but, I did something absolutely embarrassing...........like you Brad, I had just taken a pee, and I started to walk back to my seat towards the front of the hall, and I see out of the corner of my eye a MS gesticulating wildly at me~it was Goofy Rufus who was always being funny, so I ignored him and started forward, only to be seized by a sister from behind and hugged closely.........all the while she is trying to pull the hem of my skirt out of the back of my pantyhose~~Thank GODDESS I wore undies back then!!! LMAO!!! When I think of the show i would have put on walking down that aisle..........OMG!!! I still think of that sister with love in my heart!

Terri of the showed her bare butt at the KH class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit