The funniest comment I ever gave at the KH....

by logansrun 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

As I mentioned before, the funniest comment I ever heard at a meeting was during the WT Study and a real wacked-out elder (I mean one who seriously believed in the extreme WT worldview, that watching "Knight Rider" or "Ripley's Believe it Or Not" would demonize your house, that you're in unspeakable sin by neglecting the holy work of field service, etc.) gave a comment discussing the dangers of masturbation, how it has been "scientifically proven" that it makes you go blind, and he said that people who wear sunglasses all the time must be chronic masturbators. The laughter was so intense, and my mom was so offended because she needs to wear sunglasses all the time outside because of the glare. And I remember there were two other comments he made at that meeting (which I have long since forgotten) that were also hilarious. That day was the most fun I ever had during a meeting.

• logansrun
  • Country Girl
    Country Girl

Sunnygal: I also did the skirt stuck in the back of the pantyhose foible. I was just more unfortunate in that no one told me, and I walked almost near to the front of the Kingdom Hall.

When my brothers and I were beginning our teen years, it was really cool if you could answer at the meeting, and not just "read" the answer to the paragraph out of the Watchtower, but also to expand on it, and perhaps add scriptures. I had one particular brother that loved to attempt this, but all that came out was a long ramble of something that had nothing to do with the study or the paragraph. People would just look at him, and my mother would look horrified, and the brother on stage would just say "Thank you brother ______." Hehehhe. I felt so sorry for him.

CG

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I raised my hand and proudly answered: Ketchup!

When I was a kid I was asleep (as usual) at the Tuesday night book study. At one point I was halfway awake and I heard the question: What was Lot?s wife turned into? I?ll give you a hint? you put it on French Fries.

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

When I was eight months pregnant, I of course had to leave my seat at the front of the hall to make a restroom visit. About halfway down the isle, my half-slip decided to make a run for it (I had no waist) and fell to my ankles midstride. My foot caught and I did a little skip to keep from falling. The entire hall gave a collective gasp. For a second my mind reeled to think of how to get out of the room with the most dignity left. Couldn't really come up with anything so I just calmly stepped out of my slip, scooped it up, put my shoulders back and walked to the restroom.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Another hilarious moment was during the book study when we were going over the Creation book. A sister was mentioning how evolution "doesn't explain all the wonderful things in life" including "all the beautiful orgasms God has created". We all laughed so hard, us dirty minds. She turned so red from her Freudian slip.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny
    including "all the beautiful orgasms God has created".

I think that takes the prize, Leolaia

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

at one book study (cant remember which book) a little 7 year old boy put his hand up and said there's a monster in the picture(see pic below). when everyone saw what the boy had seen there was a moment of deafening silence in which i had to hold back my laughter. needless to say, nothing was said about it and the b.s.c. moved swiftly on.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Pleasuredome.....That was at the Watchtower study, and I noticed it as well to my shock. I wonder how many noticed the "monster" in the photo that day....I thought it was very, very freaky...

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Penny and CG...........Group hug for our embarrassment!!!!{{{{}}}}}

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit