dawn bible students

by bavman 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

I was shocked! at how many variations there are out there of adventist :William Miller

They are all his spiritual descendent's.Danny sez's:AKA Mutated Millerites .......They don't proselyze they metastasize

Edited:

http://www.greatdreams.com/pyramid.htm

Everthing presented here about PYRAMIDOLOGY...I learned from my devout,'old time' JW grandfather,Roger Haszard He was an elder and special pioneer,[missonary]

Bedtime stories about pastor Russel, [the founder of Jehovah's Witnesses], and the great pyramid. All my cousins and siblings know this to be true.

Christendom has their pagan santa claus,and the Watchtower has their spooky occult origins....

....Wake up and smell the facts man.

• mustang
    mustang

"As "EVIL" as they may be to the JW's. the DAWN and the Society did business with one another until the Society went "donation only". Having been at the DAWn, I have seen receipts and correspondence between the DAWN and the Watchtower."

RR,

Interesting, as always. What was the nature of the "business", if I might ask?

You don't have to respond, if it is "inconvenient" (due to some "proprietary" or "covenanted" action), but is this not a violation of the JW's "Interfaith" doctrine or interpretation of activities with other religious organizations?

If so, would this not be a "UN-like" scandal?

Regards,

Mustang

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

> is this not a violation of the JW's "Interfaith" doctrine or interpretation of activities with other religious organizations?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well, I for one have found this thread fascinating. The pics of the memorial are amazing . I beleive they would shock an regular, beleving dub.

For the record I quote what the WT has said about the pramid belief - which is about as much as most people know about it .

w00 1/1 pp. 9-10 Serving With the Watchman ***

It is wrong to add to God?s Word or to take anything away from it.?Deuteronomy 4:2; Revelation 22:18, 19.

One example will underline how important this principle is. In 1886 when C. T. Russell published a book that came to be called The Divine Plan of the Ages, this volume contained a chart linking the ages of mankind with the Great Pyramid of Egypt. It was thought that this memorial of Pharaoh Khufu was the pillar referred to at Isaiah 19:19, 20: "In that day there will prove to be an altar to Jehovah in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to Jehovah beside its boundary. And it must prove to be for a sign and for a witness to Jehovah of armies in the land of Egypt." What relationship could the pyramid have with the Bible? Well, as an example, the length of certain passages in the Great Pyramid was said to indicate the time for the beginning of the "great tribulation" of Matthew 24:21, as it was then understood. Some Bible Students became engrossed with measuring different features of the pyramid to determine such matters as the day they would be going to heaven!

This so-called Bible in Stone was held in esteem for some decades, until the Watchtower issues of November 15 and December 1, 1928, made clear that Jehovah needed no stone monument built by pagan pharaohs and containing demonic signs of astrology to confirm the witness given in the Bible. Rather, Isaiah?s prophecy was seen to have a spiritual application.
  • RR
    RR

The Society were the only publishers of the Diaglott, and so the Dawn as well as other groups would purchase the Diaglotts from the Society by the cases. In the early 1990s when the Society stopped selling books for tax purposes. They declined to "sell" the books to the DAWN and others.

In the meantime, many of the photos in the Society's Proclaimers book, were taken from the Bible Students' Archives, owned by the Bible Students.

The Society also purchased reprinted books by the Bible Students.

I don't know if it would be scandalous, when I use to go to Bethel, they sold a lot of things that were not published by them, Catholic Bible, King James, Two Babylon's, Strong's Concordance. So the Society has been doing business with Christendom for years. However, the despite the strong adversarial spirit tey have towards the Evil Slave Bible Students, I found it strange that they would do business with them, whether buying or selling.

RR

• RR
    RR

Here is one of the correspondence I copied at the DAWN:

• mustang
    mustang

I suspected as much, RR.

I remember using the ASV before the NWT came out. The ASV used the name Jehovah. I've heard of churches placing "printing runs" with other denominations because the other facility had "excess capacity". It's just business, in the end.

A buddy of mine flew transports for the intelligence agencies, in various backwater areas of the world. He related getting chewed out for leaving a crate of "farm machinery" at the stop where the missionaries were. The group that ordered the "farm machinery" (machine guns) weren't happy with their crate of Bibles, either

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit