dawn bible students

by bavman 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RR
    RR

Read the transcript again, it's what Maria Russell said he said, not what he said he said! If you find an admission from Russell in his writings, I'll accept it!

RR

• RR
    RR

And what exactlty is the other s**t he said you don't agree with? Never mind!

• Quotes
    Quotes

RR said:

=======================================

Well Leo, it was erected there by Rutherford, it was a Bible House memorial, all who were buried there had their name etched onto the open book on the pyramid. This was not in Russell's will to do, it was Rutherford's brainstorm.

=======================================

(and I say that sincerely, because that would push the Pyramidology into the term of the 2nd president, and would be more damning, in my opinion).

Although I must say, short of seeing any proof to back that claim, it seems unlikely to me that Rutherford was behind the Pyramid Memorial, since he (I recall I read somewhere) was behind the removal of the Pyramid stuff by 1928. If you are correct, and if I am also correct, it would mean a radical change in only ten years time... buy hey, heavy drinking could have caused it!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I agree it was done in 1919, there is even a detailed report of its construction in one of the Bible Student newsletters. I didn't say it was Russell's idea at all, just that it stands as a testament to his (and the early Bible Students') interest in pyramidology. It's also a time capsule btw.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

AT THE GRAVE On Monday, a party of about 150 was conducted by Brother Bohnet to the grave of Brother Russell. Upon a hillside, sloping towards the south, we joined hands around the grave and sang: ?Blest be the tie that binds our hearts in Christian love; the fellowship of kindred minds is like to that above.? Our last lingering look upon the scene recalled the peaceful manner of our Pastor?s ?passing beyond the vail.? Brother Rutherford?s words came to mind: ?I am glad this prison experience was reserved for us, rather than for our dear Brother Russell.? We visited the marble works and there watched the workmen slowly but surely chisel out the monument to be erected as a memorial to the Society. The Watchtower Society burial lots in Rosemont United Cemeteries, five miles due north of Pittsburgh City, contain ample grave space for all the members of the Bethel family, and the pilgrims and their wives ? in all more than 275 adult graves. In the exact center of the Bethel lot will be erected diagonally the Pyramid Shape Monument as designed by Brother Bohnet, and accepted by Brother Russell as the most fitting emblem for an enduring monument on the Society?s burial space. The size of this structure is nine feet across the base, and its apex stone is exactly seven feet above the ground surface level. It rests upon a concrete foundation five feet deep and heavily reinforced with barbed wire, the work of Brother Bohnet, who would not entrust this important task to anyone else, so we are assured that the job was well done. The brother gave a full description of the securing of the rock material at the time he piloted the conventionists to the cemetery and urged us to help ourselves to souvenir chips in the shop of the granite worker nearby ... Each slope of the pyramid will face one of the large lots, and on each of these slopes is cut in four-inch embossment a Teacher?s Bible, on the pages of which will appear the names of the ones buried there. The burial space for Brother Rutherford was indicated and his name, like that of Brother Russell, will be at the top of opposite Bible pages. A Bible space is being set apart for the Pilgrims ? all in one lot of forty eight grave space[s], so all their names will appear on the same Bible. Above the Bibles are spaces for inscriptions in full, W.T.B & T.S., I.B.S.A., ?Dead with Christ?, ?Risen with Christ?, etc. And above these the Cross and Crown and Wreath, and the whole capped with the apex stone, highly polished ? its shape of course being pyramidal. Within the structure, incased [sic] in a block of granite, will be a sealed metal box in which is a complete set of Karatol Scripture Studies, the Memorial Tower, and one of every tract, photographs of Pastor Russell, a copy of the Society?s charter, and many other things to interest the people who at some future date may open the pyramid and find them. It is expected the monument will be in place before the next Decoration Day. Any truth people desiring a chip of the stone may send postage enough to carry a piece about the size of an egg, with enough additional to pay the Society for the trouble of having it wrapped for the mail.? [Souvenir Report of the Bible Students Convention, Pittsburgh, PA., January 2-5, 1919, p. 7.]

• mustang
    mustang

Incredible funerary architectural artifact >> http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/70220/1.ashx

The time capsule fizzled...

Mustang

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

Bavman....if you are looking for an alternative to fill a spiritual void, I would suggest going solo for a while, don't cling to another cult that does it's interpretation. There are a lot of religeons out there, some of what they say is good and reasonable, but never believe anything 100%...you don't have to have religeon to be a spiritual person......

• proplog2
    proplog2

At least the Dawnites (whatever they are called) have an information rich web page. The Watchtower always brags about Russells progressive use of technology to spread the word - photo drama of creation etc.

Only recently has the Watchtower carried their web location in 6 point font on the back of the watchtower. And what an emaciated site!! Why don't they put everything they've ever printed on that site. How hard would it be to put their CD on line?

Apparently they are interested in information control NOT information sharing.

• RR
    RR

Hi Quotes,

Well let's see. I have a copy of the Charter, the Will and the Charter for the cemetary somewhere in my possession. There is nothing in it about erecting a giat pyramid on the property.

The 1919 convention report does go into detail about the pyramid. Nowhere does it say that this was according to Russell's wishes.

Rutherford did indeed promote pyramidology, in fact around 1922, he travelled to Israel and Eqypt and produced a documentary. Noone has ever seen them, but they were advertised in the Golden Age magazine.

By 1927 the pyramid went from be God's Stone Witness to being Satan's monument.

RR

• RR
    RR

There's also a history of the Dawn movement on their website. The DAWN was founded in 1928 by the Brooklyn Bible Students, at the time it was just a radio program, by 1932 they eveolved into the DAWN Publishers and when they moved to New Jersey they became the DAWN Bible Students Association.

As "EVIL" as they may be to the JW's. the DAWN and the Society did business with one another until the Society went "donation only". Having been at the DAWn, I have seen receipts and correspondence between the DAWN and the Watchtower.

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit