dawn bible students

by bavman 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

RR,

You're right that is not a tombstone since it does not rest upon Russell's grave. It does though stand very near to his grave and if not a tombstone I suppose it can be called a pyramid memorial to the man who believed measuring pyramid passages brought him closer to the mind of God.

Sabrina

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Man, that's splitting hairs. It's like the trick question on the exam. You sure sounded like you were denying such an object existed, when in reality you just didn't like having it called a "tombstone" when a better word is "grave monument". Yes, technically, it's not a tombstone -- it's a pyramid -- It's just a dozen feet away from Russell's grave (you can see Russell's headstone in the top photo of the pyramid). Call it what you want, it is still a testament to Russell's obsession with pyramidology.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Um, yeah....riiiiiiight. Russelites aren't obsessed with Russell. Suuuuurre.

B.

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.geocities.com/paulblizard/russ1.html

Is this quote in Brooklyn Daily Eagle, October 29, 1911, of the court transcript attributed to Maria Russell about "jellyfish" accurate?

Q. What other terms were used?
    A. Then he said, "I am like a jellyfish. I float around here and there. I touch this one and that one, and if she responds I take her to me, and if not, I float on to others"; and she wrote that out so that I could remember it for sure when I would speak to him about it. And he confessed that he said those things.

So it is Maria Russell in court who said CTR said these things not CTR himself.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Okay, so CT Russell MIGHT not have said it (emphasize MIGHT). That doesn't negate all the other shit he said. Man I wish he would have stuck to selling clothes.

Bradley

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Did Russell ever publicly deny having said that?

Sabrina

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yes, and the judge had it stricken from the record. The Washington Post then reported the story and Russell successfully sued them (source: Visions of Glory).

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Thanks Leolaia,

Then it seems that it was her word against his.

Yet, she declined to outrightly accuse him of adultery even though claiming he said what he did. It would seem to me that if a woman declines to falsely accuse adultery her statement as to his lesser sin may be truthful.

Just my random thought on the matter,

Sabrina

• RR
    RR

Well Leo, it was erected there by Rutherford, it was a Bible House memorial, all who were buried there had their name etched onto the open book on the pyramid. This was not in Russell's will to do, it was Rutherford's brainstorm.

RR

• RR
    RR

And this has to do with the subject at hand????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit