Why didn't Sadam........?

by confusedjw 53 Replies latest social current

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Going back to the pre-war rhetoric it seemed to me that even the German and Russian intelligence along with the English and American intelligence AND previous inspectors all agreed that Sadam had left over (and possibly made more) chemical WMD. Proof seemed to be provided about what they *knew* he had at *some point* and it couldn't be accounted for.

It seems obvious now that Sadam did, in fact, destroy it long ago.

My question - Why didn't he just prove it to the inspectors? Why not avoid all of this if he could?

• Simon
    Simon

He was proving it to the inspectors (Blix) that's why they were hastily yanked out and not allowed to complete their work so that the pretence for the war wouldn't disappear.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

He said something like that : I don't, And I don't have to prove it
    USA France and so on have WOMD, nobody's getting too much inquisitive about it ? And we are masse killers in fact

And as far as Saddam didn't have WOMD, how could he proved it to people who just want to believe he had WOMD ? and are used to manipulate to get what they want (like all cheaters) Worse in knowing that what they want is to put you down to get the country in their hands. I thinks it takes a little time to organise your defense. He Knew it would be hard anyway (FOR HIM at LEAST)

(just my opinion - anyway)

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

exactly.

• Pleasuredome
  • frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

... ok PD

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    He was proving it to the inspectors (Blix) that's why they were hastily yanked out and not allowed to complete their work so that the pretence for the war wouldn't disappear.

Actually Simon, he was NOT proving it. The inspectors were not "hastily yanked out" that's just the hype you choose to believe not based on any facts.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

It's based on Hans Blix's book on the subject.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Hans Blix is the idiot that said North Korea didn't have a Nuke program...he's the idiot that couldn't find uranium (non weapons grade) that Saddam had, but that the US did find, he's the idiot that couldn't decide if Saddam was or was not cooperating...Hans had a vested interest in dragging out the inspections (a pay check).

• dubla
    dubla

complete conjecture.....in fact, blix specifically commented on the curious fact that saddam couldnt or refused to accomplish the very simple task of proving the whereabouts and/or destruction of the unaccounted for mustard gas, stating: "mustard gas isn't marmalade, you're supposed to know what you did with it". aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit