Is The WTBS Really Crumbling?

by exjdub 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Joker10
    Joker10
    The 3% figure hapens to equal the world population growth. So, yawn, the WTS has grown but has it keep pace? I think not.

The world growth rate is not 3%, or ever was, or even probably ever will be. In 2003 the growth rate worldwide was 1.14% and it's only decreasing.

• metatron
    metatron

Are they crumbling? Let's see:

No more food service at assemblies ( people ran off with lunch without contributing)

Pioneer hours changed from 100 to 90 to 70 a month

You can now officially be a publisher for 15 minutes a month

Bethel has been radically downsized ( Oh, Headquarters doesn't like the word "downsized")

Contributions plummeted after they reacted to the Jimmy Swaggart case with voluntary donations.

Worldwide baptisms are down

There's a massive loss of Witness kids

They're selling off assets

They made huge cutbacks on literature distribution in Western Nations

They started printing paperback books to save a few pennies per volume

Meeting attendance is fading down

Japan has lost 5 - 6 hundred congregations in the past few years ( read your yearbook)

They lost the French tax case in the highest courts - but still refuse to pay.

The meetings and magazines are increasingly 'dumbed down' ( no written review)

They can't make the internet go away

metatron ( is that enough?)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Absolutely correct, metatron!

Making a list such as this is a great "visual aid".

BTW if there was ever an award for most effective anti-WT advocate, I'd nominate you. Keep up the good work!

Cheers, Ozzie

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Hello, active JW MS here!

In my congregation the youth don't care. They think they are always picked on by the elders. They do make believe service in Dunkin Donuts & sleep during meeting & Assemblies.

My last assembly no one got baptized & the people are oblivious to what's going on.

In the meantime without showing my stripes, I am always asking the "stupid" questions to question people on how much "dub" faith they have!!!!

Have a good one, and GODspeed!!!

:-)

• african
    african

In a work on fundamentalism, a valid point was made, that the more the organisation comes under pressure the more likely they are to entench their position and the majority of members will become more fundamentalist too. I wouldnt anticipate any major event ,that would lead to change. They are more likely to regress to older teaching than progress to new thought.The WTBTS is a fundamentalist organisation it is more likely to behave in a more totalitarian way.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Quotes

I agree. I read once how WT/JWs grow rapidly in areas where AIDS is growing rapidly: Africa. The interesting point is that the cause of the problem (both AIDS and JWs), and the solution, are the same: lack of education and lack of knowledge about the need for protection.

But like AIDS, the scourge of WT/JWs will eventually collapse (I know AIDS hasn't collapsed yet, but with continuing education I believe it will).

Statistics on AIDS in Africa do not support the Claims made by WHO.

Less people/100,000/annum are dying now, in the African towns where AIDS is supposed to have begun, than were dying before AIDS began.

Statistics on AIDS in the western world do not support the Armageddon like claims made at the outset, (Are these claims are now disregarded due to 'new light'?)

There is much data that contra-indicates HIV as the cause, or sole cause, for AIDS.

All of the immune deficiency outbreaks prior to AIDS have been proven to be benzine related, not viral.

There is much more info on this, of course, including the financial benefits to the perveyors of the AIDS doctrine.

AND, if you think about it, there is much about AIDS doctrine that identifies it as a cult. They are the only hope for salvation, apostates (like me) are genocidal maniacs and following our advice (No Drugs) will lead to certain death, researchers who doubt the current dogma are shunned by their peers and cannot get funding for their reseach and to cap it off, none of their prophesies or drugs have born fruit (If you think they have, you haven't been reading the stats.).

So, if you are convinced that HIV causes AIDS, you cannot argue that the WT must fall. The AIDS dogma is easier to object to, and it comes from modern research, not old writings that have had eons for errors to creep in.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird
    1st, don't take the 6 million figure seriously. I'm in that number and I'm a total fake, like countless other people stuck

Count me and hubby in on that one, too. I know lots and lots of "witnesses" that inflate their service time, mostly people raised in the "truth" that make a show of being a witness so that they do not lose their family members that still believe it's the truth. Not to mention that by counting 15 minutes a month you are still considered an active witness. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the 6 million figure include "unbaptized publishers"?

You really can't take the 6 million figure seriously.

• freedom96
    freedom96

There is no doubt that this is now the best time ever for the organization to crumble. And it will only get better. If there is anything that will bring them down, it is the internet. And we have not seen nearly what the internet will ultimately be.

Communication is key.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit