Is The WTBS Really Crumbling?

by exjdub 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    Ten years ago there were 4.7 million Witnesses compared to the more than 6.5 million today. They are dispersed around the world; many religons are not.

Bullshit.....that would mean that there had been a 40% increase over the last 10 years. We've stayed hovering around the 6 million mark since they changed the generation doctrine in 1995.

The only place where there's any sort of growth is in Third World countries where the people have absolutely no idea about what goes on behind closed doors.

They are growing in Central and South America and Africa. Also they are really growing in Eastern Europe.

Um, I said there was growth in Third World countries.......this would include places like Central and South America and Africa. And seeing as they've just been banned in Russia, I sincerely doubt that they are "really growing" anywhere in Eastern Europe.

By all accounts it is considered either a sect or a cult by most.
    You know this isn't true.

I know this IS true. What planet are you on........

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Good viewpoints everyone!Get back to basics.Steve Hassan say's,"cults thrive by exploiting situational variables and vulnerabilities". http://www.freeminds.org/psych/lifton.htm Four generations of my Haszard clan were recruited because my Grandad was a disillusioned rebel.He had (ca.1950) actually joined a commune for a brief spell before the dubs called on his door. My estimate is that 50% of the Watchtower membership is family related.Nepotism is BIG in the JW's. I was one of the few that actually knew what the Bible really says,i had memorized over 2,000 scriptures.Most JW's DON"T know the Bible.[ And they got plenty jealous ] They exploit minorities and ignorance. Enlightened aristocrats are, as they say, "goat-like"; they're not receptive to the Kingdom Message. In the early 1960s USA about 75% of the publishers were white Anglo Saxons. Today it is about 30% Anglo Saxons, 40% African Americans and 30% Spanish. This is not a racist perspective it's the damned truth.The engine that drives a carnal cult is the 3p's:Power,Prestige,P***Y.In my 33 years they had always tried to squeeze me into that mold.I went door to door because I wanted to have a clean conscience and save lives.Most dubs that I knew were doing it for the 'other' reasons.{ I.E. a better rating in the congregation } The Watchtower is a total failure because every Jehovah's Witness WILL grow old and die.Those who have died are all still dead! "Only prisons have Watchtowers" [ I would say that the biggest problem I have of promoting my counter-cult apostate ministry is,lack of interest among the general population.My tack has always been recruitment interdiction.I am not anxious about de-converting anyone.I tell you the truth nobody wants to hear about it because 90% of the general population already knows they are bulls**t]

• exjdub
    exjdub
    "Only prisons have Watchtowers"

I love it Danny! Too true...

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Nepotism sure is BIG in there!

After his daughter with an out-of-wedlock pregnancy got reinstated, I remember this elder saying that "if we won't grow out of people from the territory, then we'll grow out of our own offspring, nevertheless we well grow"; and he said it with such pride. Ignorant bunch.

DY

• Larry
    Larry

Speaking of the Berlin Wall? Did you know that a piece of the wall is down the block from where I work ( 53rd St. bet 5th and Madison - NYC) I'll try and attach a photo I took the other day.

The BORG will be here as long as people want to be lead.

Peace - LL :)

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

I personally think their numbers will continue to dwindle but they will likely never disappear as an organization. There are too many emotinally disturbed people out there that THINK that they can't exist without it. (My family being one such group of people..... )

(I was going to write more about my opinion, but my desire to predict their downfall kind of made me feel like I was being like them. Scary thought. On to more positive topics......... )

Brad

• metatron
    metatron

Ah, Joker - the official Watchtower apologist.

1st, don't take the 6 million figure seriously. I'm in that number and I'm a total fake, like countless other people stuck

in this cult. Can you imagine what would happen if they couldn't shun people? If they 'let them go' ? You'd get trampled

in the exits.

2nd, the organization is torn in two different directions:

a) appealing to the third world

b) trying to hold on in countries that recognize the anti-social nature of the Watchtower ( Europe, the US)

They get their money from the apathetic countries and must spend it - like a bottomless pit - in the third world.

This is partly why the magazines are so dumbed down and 'weasel-worded'. Any religion that had any sense

would start a Dept of Theology - BUT NOT THE WATCHTOWER! Who knows what they really think?

Can You vote now? Are creation days really 7000 years long? Witness doctrine seems to be whatever the

latest magazine - or more correctly, whatever the C.O. says is true since the Writing Dept is a paper tiger

compared to the Rule Making Service Dept.

3rd, they are losing Witness kids at a phenomenal rate. The old-timers are too cowed to rebel - but may claim illnesses

and fade into inactivity ( or fake activity, it's easier).

Collapse? maybe. Quietly fade into irrelevance while a 'great crowd' of Witnesses fake their devotion? DEFINITELY!

metatron

• battman
    battman

To Joker10 @ Mary,

Always remember the power of compound interest. If you had $4,500,000 dollars to invest in 1990 and you were able to find a 10year investment that paid 3% then by the early 2000s your investment would have grown to $6,500,000.

The 3% figure hapens to equal the world population growth. So, yawn, the WTS has grown but has it keep pace? I think not.

battman

• badboy
    badboy

What change of baptism questions in 1895,Sunspot?

• exjdub
    exjdub
    The 3% figure hapens to equal the world population growth. So, yawn, the WTS has grown but has it keep pace? I think not.

Battman,

That's a great point. I never thought about it from the compounding aspect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit