BREAKING NEWS FROM GOVERNING BODY

by wannaexit 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• metatron
    metatron

You want a name of one Governing Idiot regarding children?

Gerrit Loesch

He was the genius who went on a service trip touring Europe and South Africa. Sad-hearted Witness parents asked him

"What do we do about our children?" - because so many are getting df'd, in trouble or just drifting away.

He dismissed them by saying "read your Bible". I really wished some sister had the courage to slap him , good and hard.

Did this elderly bonehead really think they never read the Bible? that they were unaware of its contents?

Would Jesus just 'blow people off' by ignoring their pleas with a catch-all, empty headed reply? I shouldn't really be

surprized as Loesch is the one who has tried, unsuccessfully, to get the organization to blast brothers for watching

American football.

Circuit and District overseers, in typical obsequiousness and foolish servility, loved to quote Loesch , as if this was some

sort of 'inspired reply'. Trust me, there isn't a single working brain amidst the hierarchy of the Watchtower!

Did I say working brain? There isn't a single 'heart' either.

metatron

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

This really bothers me. I have a 15 yr old friend who has just started Bible Study/her family

is out but JW "friends" have gotten her to come back after 4 yrs. Now I know why they

want her so bad. I can't believe they can bring her in for Bible Study; wouldn't most churches

want to OK it with the parents at first, since she is not of legal age?

I need Help in reaching her...suggestions?

• Quotes
    Quotes

I concur with the sentiment already offered. This end is near: the end of the Watchtower, that is.

Like a virus that can't spread when everyone knows about it and takes steps to protect themselves, or when there is an innoculation available, so too the Watchtower will go the way of Polio: Nothing but a distant memory.

Then Gawd get get down to using his true channel: me! Any ladies out there want to join my cult? ;)

• willyloman
    willyloman

Worth repeating:

The ``company line" used to be that dedication and baptism together represent life's most serious commitment, outranking even marriage; now the gerontocrats have cynically opted for ``increases at all costs," even if it means inching closer to inant baptism.
    This is breathtakingly unscriptural.
    Seriously. 10 years old is far too young to make a decision like that. Once you are baptized, the reprocussions greatly increase if you screw up.
    Jesus didn't get baptized until he was 30

In our old congo, we had a bright young kid, son of a sweetheart of a woman who struggled bringing her brood to the meetings w/o benefit of a believing husband, a macho, insecure guy who constantly dressed her down about her religion in front of her relatives. At 10, the kid begged to be baptized. The elders told him to wait until he was a bit older. At 11, they relented and dunked him. At 14 he began to develop his independence and this showed up in his "dress and grooming" (pardon use of WTS buzzwords). At 15 he was df'd. Can you imagine how this played out at home and with the "wordly" family? I'm sure they could feel the love. Last time I saw this sister, she was still coming to as many meetings as possible, without her son, dragging along her two reluctant daughters (with their empty-eyed vacant stares). She was no doubt grateful for the "persecution," convinced that this made it the "truth," and taking great pride in the fact that she was "hanging in." Such a waste. This is a despicable mindset that eats people's brains for breakfast.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

What a phenomenal idea they have!!! By baptising even young children now, instead of continually denying them their scriptural rights to baptism as in past years, they'll be "killing several birds" with one "stone".....

Not only will their flagging membership numbers get a whompin' increase!......BUT.....they will have those little munchkins DIRECTLY under their thumbs just in case those newly baptised are victims of the resident cong. pedophiles....this way the elders will have the opportunity to actually back up their terroristic tactics against these little (previously) unbaptised pedophilia victims with threats of dire consequences

(ie: "Now you're baptised, you little blabbermouth, and you'll bring shame on Jehovah if you tell, and we'll have to disfellowship you and cut you off from all your family members and friends and if Armageddon comes tomorrow or next week, you'll die!")

*ssholes!

Frannie B

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The WTS needs to shore up its numbers, and the easiest way to do that is to mine the wealth of uninformed & naive children in their midst.

BAPTISM is the first step in becoming an XJW!

• Valis
    Valis

10 can make an informed decision to get baptized.

sheesh...when I was 10 I couldn't decide whether I liked Luke Sky Walker or Han Solo better... much less be able to answer a bunch of insane questions about my dedication to Jehover...double sheesh! Oh and BTW, don't forget to put on your jumpsuits and nikes...we'll have the pudding and kool aid any time now..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Dawn
    Dawn

I'm so glad to be free of this all...

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

How I wish everyone were.

• SYN
    SYN

Great thread guys!

This talk is targeting th very young. Kids are being strongly encouraged not to put off baptism and that children as young as 10 can make an informed decision to get baptized. Parents were told that if their young children want to get baptized, they should not stand in their children's way.

Somebody that young can hardly make an informed decision about what kind of chocolate to eat, let alone something purportedly about "eternal life".

Also, the congregation was urged to simplify their life and to follow the example of the governing body. He said that the FDS is getting rid of property they don't need for pupose of simplifying things and that they are freeing up funds to better promote the good news.

This made me choke on my coffee. The FDS is SIMPLIFYING? That's the biggest load of bull I've ever heard in my life! I'll believe they're "simplifying" when they stop wearing Armani suits and stop flying around in very expensively appointed private planes! Simplifying? Huh.

"The governing body feels that we are very close to the end" This expression is being tossed around freely recently . i have personally heard it from C.O. and bethel members here in Canada.

Nothing new here people, move along, the show's over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit