BREAKING NEWS FROM GOVERNING BODY

by wannaexit 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

Whats the average age of the governing body??Im sure they must be nearing their 80s

I think they starting to get desperate looking towards the youngest to peddle their books of lies

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow
    Jesus didn't get baptized until he was 30.

Blondie, you always make me laugh!

• proplog2
    proplog2

I was baptized at the age of 10. That was almost 50 years ago. In the context of being a religious person that is fine. I knew nothing about sex. And when I found out about sex I was already committed to leading a moral life. I don't regret that decision even though I only believe about 10% of what JW's teach. It was a committment to my community and its values at that point in time.

I think that baptizing at a young age goes along with the traditions of "passage" to adult hood. Confirmation, Bar Mitzvah etc. tend to take place in the early teens. The Catholic Church understands the age of moral discretion as starting as early as 7 years old.

Even if you are 30 it's the inner 10 year old that gets baptized. Rituals are powerless if its an entirely rational act.

• Perry
    Perry

I don't read much into this other than what they have consistently and historically done..... try to scare people. With the 1975 doctrine gone , and the generation doctrine gone, and the new limitless "Given Ones" taking over, they are desperate for anything that will spell impending diaster and are reduced to such empty scare tactics.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

! ! ALERT ! ! Summer 1990 district conventions Watchtower worldwide mandate.((( This is the same assembly day the Watchtower issued dire warnings not to watch the Simpson's T.V. show )))

ALERT ! ! DON'T HAVE KIDS ! ! ALERT ! ! The Watchtower repeals Almighty God's garden of Eden pro creation mandate.Anyone,besides me?, there to hear that WT$'s dire directive.

The 'proclamation' was,reiterated in the 'meat and potatoes' pages of the Watchtower magazine,that fall.What a hysteria that started...

I payed $400.00 dollars to pay for my younger brothers vasectomy,(i already had mine).The 'papal bull' directive alluded to our building of the 'spiritual ark of Noah',and how the adult builders[ Noah and his sons and daughters in law ] didn't board the boat with babies...So because Armageddon is 'just so close' we don't wanna be making babies.

They said the SAME thing when i was conceived in 1957.Hey, now i am a guy without maternal wants,but stop and think for a second how many mom wannabes,who where close to menopause,canceled that chance forever, because of some old fart holed up in the WT$ ivory tower,who had male 'mental PAUSE'.

OH,in 1925 "detox" Joe "jack daniels" Rutherford proclaimed the William Miller's mutated date fixing,MILLIONS NOW LIVING WILL NEVER DIE!!

When 'detox' Joe had to recant he said,(i read it in the watchtower myself) " I'VE MADE AN ASS OF MYSELF. ""

NO SHIT ASS'WHOLE'!!! My background,I was born to pioneer parents in 1957 the same year as the paradise lost to paradise regained book. My parents were reviled for getting knocked up and having a baby,because Armageddon was coming a minute! I was baptized at the tender age of 11 years old in 1967.I had to hurry up and get consecrated to Jehovah, 1967 was the year the, life everlasting in the freedom of the son's of God book ( Freddy Franz's masterpiece) was released and had the timetable of the world's end in 1975. Undaunted Danny www.DannyHaszard.com Apostate with Attitude

• Sassy
    Sassy

this pisses me off... ten year old kids being forced to make life ruining decisions..

I am still mad I was allowed to be baptized at 16.. like I knew what impact on my life it would have..

• logansrun
    logansrun

blondie,

Two years ago, I heard a GB member tell parents that their children had to be baptized in order to survive Armageddon.

Would you mind giving a name?

Bradley

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch
    "The governing body feels that we are very close to the end"

What are they basing their conclusion on THIS time?

TowerWatch

• garybuss
    garybuss

When has the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation's owners NOT thought we are very close to the end? That's their purpose. Their job is to sell two things. One, there is a problem in the NEAR future. Two, they have exclusive access to the solution. Nothing else produces book sales and cash flow.

The baptism of children is based on the "family merit" doctrine and is a worthwhile read for a study of abstract salvation based on genital maturation. In my opinion, it's religion at it's worst.

The willing delegates to these meetings are certainly a part of the problem. GaryB

"When you meet the friendliest people you have ever known, who introduce
    you to the most loving group of people you've ever encountered, and you
    find the leader to be the most inspired, caring, compassionate and
    understanding person you've ever met, and then you learn that the cause of
    the group is something you never dared hope could be accomplished, and al
    of this sounds too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true!
    Don't give up your education, your hope and ambitions to follow a rainbow."

- Jeanne Mills, former member of the People's Temple and subsequent victim
    of assassination a year following the Nov. 18, 1978 Jonestown
    suicides/murders of 911 adults and children.

• simwitness
    simwitness
    I've heard the same talk sort of, but it was given at the last assembly. They said that parents should not prevent their kids from getting baptized during their teen years because they're afraid their kids might do something that will get them disfellowshiped.

This is a kicker... The "fear of disfellowshipping" is "greater" than "committment to the org/love of god"...

This is the turn folks... this is where parents and individuals beat the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit