BREAKING NEWS FROM GOVERNING BODY

by wannaexit 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlanF
    AlanF

The GB are getting very close to the end -- their own.

AlanF

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I think that the WBTS is "Running Scared" that there is a decline in membership, and are trying to get as many people baptized as they can to keep those numbers up.....Quantity over Quality... hmmmmm.....Sick Bastaaaaaads. I guess they also feel that since 10 is a ripe old age to be pedophied by the other adult members of the Cong. , why should they not not be baptized????

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

"The governing body feels that we are very close to the end"

Yup... so true... any day now...

2000 years ago... "Any day now..."

1900 years ago... "Any day now..."

1800 years ago... "Any day now..."

1700 years ago... "Any day now..."

1600 years ago... "Any day now..."

1500 years ago... "Any day now..."

1400 years ago... "Any day now..."

1300 years ago... "Any day now..."

1200 years ago... "Any day now..."

1100 years ago... "Any day now..."

1000 years ago... "Any day now..."

900 years ago... "Any day now..."

800 years ago... "Any day now..."

700 years ago... "Any day now..."

600 years ago... "Any day now..."

500 years ago... "Any day now..."

400 years ago... "Any day now..."

300 years ago... "Any day now..."

200 years ago... "Any day now..."

100 years ago... "Any day now..."

Now.... "Any day now..."

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

I've heard the same talk sort of, but it was given at the last assembly. They said that parents should not prevent their kids from getting baptized during their teen years because they're afraid their kids might do something that will get them disfellowshiped.

"The governing body feels that we are very close to the end" This expression is being tossed around freely recently . i have personally heard it from C.O. and bethel members here in Canada.

The governing body always feels that we are very close to the end

• Nocturne
    Nocturne
    Two years ago, I heard a GB member tell parents that their children had to be baptized in order to survive Armageddon. He did not name an age but he did say that pre-teens were young enough pointing to Samuel and the Naaman's Israelite slave girl. Notice that they do not have any NT examples to point to but only children that were already part of a dedicated nation.

That's the line my mom used on me so that I would get baptized. Too bad it worked

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I was baptized at 13. I often wondered how different my life would have been had the JWs only knocked at my father's door a few months later.

Before puberty many boys (and girls, I guess) are quite sensitive to the appeal of ideological purity and consistency (as the WT may appear to offer). They have no clue how their own feelings and reasoning may change afterwards.

The WT knows very well what it means to begin your teens with your own life-commitment already behind you... desperately trying to be up to it even when you have outgrown it (plus the threat of disfellowshipment and shunning).

This reminds me of Catholic theologian Eugen Drewermann very cleverly opposing the Gospels' prohibition of oath to the priests' vow of celibacy. You can only speak for the present (and that is very much indeed), never for the future.

However,

Yes there are two paths you can go by,

But in the long run

There's still time to change the road you're on...

• mouthy
    mouthy

THEIR END!!!!!

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

What??? Armageddonn is right around the corner??? OMG. I better get on the ball and go out in service!!!! .

Seriously. 10 years old is far too young to make a decision like that. Once you are baptized, the reprocussions greatly increase if you screw up.

A lot of 10 year olds haven't even reached puberty yet. What happens once they start feeling those "strange urges" that happen to most pre-teens? What happens when their emotions start going haywire at around 14 or 15? Not to say what happens at 17-18 when you are between childhood and adulthood. Are they going to start disfellowshipping just for masturbating????

I forsee a lot of fu.....I mean....messed up kids and mass disfellowshippings in the very near future. I will bet that this will happen well BEFORE armageddon gets here.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Getting baptised at 13 was the WORST decision I have ever made. And to this day I resent that I was allowed and encouraged to make it. Let me ask them this - is the opposite also true...can a 10 year old also make the decision to LEAVE the JW's?? Hypocracy!!

I agree with everyone else....they are just going to any lengths to get the baptism numbers up.

• blondie
    blondie

Jesus didn't get baptized until he was 30.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit