Freedom to Choose God

by UnDisfellowshipped 774 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby
    Where is the persecution?
    Oh Glumly, when will you Americans learn that the USA is a small part of the earth's surface!! Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there! It's hard to see it in Oz too but certainly in many other parts of the world you will see it. Try travelling! Like SE Asia for example, the Moslem countries...no, I'm not going to make it easy for you - you can do theresearch.

I thought you said the moslems persecuted christians.....not me,.........*funny downunder people*

Gumby

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Time for you to do some real research, Gumbles. Go on, i dare you!

• gumby
    gumby

I gotta go to work now so I'll git yer arse a bit later.....K ?

Gumofftawork.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Coward!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Oh well, I'll just have to go to bed - it is almost 1am at Bethel after all.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ozzie

Are muslims in the usa a bit nervous because of the 'war on terror', ie, might they feel a bit of victimisation, ie, 'persecution'?

S

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Are muslims in the usa a bit nervous because of the 'war on terror', ie, might they feel a bit of victimisation, ie, 'persecution'?

Don't know, and frankly i'm not that concerned. The USA is not the centre of the universe my friend.

• gumby
    gumby

Ozshirazfiend,

I misunderstood you in your comment when you said "moslems don't hate christians?????". I didn't see your question mark and thought you made a statement.

Anyway.....it would be intresting to see if someone would answer the various reason WHY christians are persecuted in certain places today. What is the reason for peoples hatred toward them?

Gumby

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ozzie

The point being that religions w practices that the surrounding, or even a small portion of their nieghbors disapprove of generally see themselves as being persecuted. That is, whether it is muslim on hindi, hindu on muslim, christian a group on christian b group, etc.

S

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

LT

My difficulty with the word "cause", in this context is that it takes the issue right down to the direct responsibility level, which I'm not happy with.
    I don't see the action as being "totally caused" by God, where there is evil directly involved

If God isn't "directly responsible" where there is evil directly involved and man is totally depraved, it would seem to me, that after creation and the fall, He isn't directly responsible for anything in this world today, where man is concerned. That is not a very comforting thought. D Dog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit