Freedom to Choose God

by UnDisfellowshipped 774 Replies latest watchtower bible

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Here are some more Verses which show clearly that God desires all humans to be saved:

1st Corinthians 10:31-33: Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. Give no offense, either to the Jews or to the Greeks or to the church of God, just as I also please all men in all things, not seeking my own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

Acts 17: 26-31: And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, 'For we are also His offspring.' Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man's devising. Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead."

2nd Thessalonians 2: 10-12: and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Deputy Dog said:

UnDisfellowshipped You must be really smart! Tell us why did you choose God, when so many others didn't? What is so special about those that choose God? D Dog

First of all, God chooses to offer you a FREE GIFT of salvation, then it is up to you to either accept it or reject it. You cannot earn it, you cannot deserve it. You either accept it by repenting and believing OR you reject it. Why did I choose to accept God's offer of His free gift of salvation? Because I had been drawn by Him to Jesus and had been enlightened with the truth of the Gospel by The Spirit and I truly believed in the Holy Scriptures, that they are the Word of God. You said:

What is so special about those that choose God?

I would change that question around and ask: What is so wrong with those that reject God? The Apostle Paul poses that question in Romans Chapter 2: Romans 2:4-6: Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, who "will render to each one according to his deeds" The woman called "Jezebel" in Revelation rejected Jesus and refused to repent, even after Jesus was leading her to repent. That certain man that Jesus loved rejected Jesus in favor of his belongings, even though Jesus wanted to save him.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Flash said:

Your post is waaay to long for me to read...sorry. Thanks for your trouble.

This is actually one of my smaller posts.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Carmel said:

Und, is there a point to this?

Only if you care about the Bible and God and your salvation.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Gopher said:

If God already knows the future (for example -- predestination for certain humans), how do we have any choice? In that case we cannot choose, since the choice has already been made.

It's hard to know exactly how everything works.

The Bible shows that God exists OUTSIDE OF TIME.

I cannot even begin to explain that. Just like there is no way to explain how God has always existed and always will.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

UnDisfellowshipped

What is so wrong with those that reject God? The Apostle Paul poses that question in Romans Chapter 2: Romans 2:4-6: Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, who "will render to each one according to his deeds"

So I guess you're saying your heart is not as hard as those that reject the gospel. How did you get such a soft heart? D Dog

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Here are some links to some of my other Bible-related Threads:

The Gospel of Salvation: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/57372/1.ashx

My Personal Testimony of being Born Again: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/48546/1.ashx

Huge amount of information and Scriptures about Jesus Christ, which exposes several major Watchtower false teachings about Christ: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/49159/1.ashx

The Truth of the Trinity: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/69282/1.ashx

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

UnDisfellowshipped

because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Why did they "not receive the love of the truth"? And why did you?

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

The Bible shows that humans can harden their own hearts and because of that, CHOOSE to reject God INSTEAD of humbling themselves:

2nd Chronicles 36:11-13: Zedekiah was twenty-one years old when he became king, and he reigned eleven years in Jerusalem. He did evil in the sight of the L ord his God, and did not humble himself before Jeremiah the prophet, who spoke from the mouth of the L ord . And he also rebelled against King Nebuchadnezzar, who had made him swear an oath by God; but he stiffened his neck and hardened his heart against turning to the L ord God of Israel.

Zedekiah chose to reject God and chose NOT to humble himself, which was the opposite of Manasseh's reaction to God:

2nd Chronicles 33: 12-13: Now when he was in affliction, he implored the L ord his God, and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers, and prayed to Him; and He received his entreaty, heard his supplication, and brought him back to Jerusalem into his kingdom. Then Manasseh knew that the L ord was God.

God even commands people NOT to harden their hearts against Him: Psalm 95:8-11: " Do not harden your hearts, as in the rebellion, As in the day of trial in the wilderness, When your fathers tested Me; They tried Me, though they saw My work. For forty years I was grieved with that generation, And said, 'It is a people who go astray in their hearts, And they do not know My ways.' So I swore in My wrath, ' They shall not enter My rest.'" Jeremiah 7: 26: Yet they did not obey Me or incline their ear, but stiffened their neck. They did worse than their fathers. Jeremiah 19: 15: "Thus says the L ord of hosts, the God of Israel: 'Behold, I will bring on this city and on all her towns all the doom that I have pronounced against it, because they have stiffened their necks that they might not hear My words.'"

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

UnDis So are you saying that you are more righteous or more humble than those who harden their hearts? D Dog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit