How Do You Handle Dubs At The Door?

by Elmer J. Fudd 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

I would love to have the chance to raise a few q's , but they would have to not know who I was. .. I would listen a bit . Then raise a few pertinent Q's, "So you mean to say that....." Try to get them thinking, you just never know

Yep, this is also one of my tactics. It works pretty well too!

But after a while I stopped because it felt like shooting duck in a barrel, they're just too confused to be worthy opponents in an argument.

True, but not only is it fun to see the wrinkle of confusion on their foreheads when challenging them, it also serves the purpose of rocking their little JW world and hopefully get them thinking. Never miss a chance to plant a seed of thought into a JW mind.

• Golf
    Golf

Whatever happened to politeness? Thanks, but no thanks.

Guest 77

• avengers
    avengers
    Re: How Do You Handle Dubs At The Door?

May 15, 2004

Go away, go away go away. Please. And don't come back.

• Jonty Parkin
    Jonty Parkin

Totally reasonable questions that will completely stump any JW.

How about this -

• "can you show me the scripture that specifically prohibits oral sex between consenting heterosexual married couples?"
    • "what is the scriptural viewpoint doing it 'doggie-style' between consenting heterosexual married couples (by constantly refering to "consenting heterosexual married couples" we lend respectability and credibility to the questions)?"

Or you if you want to be more controversial, you might ask;

• "If I become a witness, will I still be allowed to wank? If so, how often, and what is material is considered appropriate by The Organisation? For example, do they provide a kingdom-wank-of-the-month picture calendar, for wholseome theocratic solo relief?"
  • pc
    pc

I actually do have them calling on me. I had a hour discussion with them about two weeks ago and they want to come back. My brother got wind of it (who is an elder). I think he's afraid they will go after me if I ask too many questions. They know I was raised as a witness. I am just getting so tired of trying to open thier eyes. They really don't care. Even on the topic of the UN, it really doesn't seem to bother them. How pathetic!

PC

• blondie
    blondie

If I lived in an area where no one knew I had been a JW, I would bring up the child sexual abuse issue and have copies of articles from the newspaper.

www.silentlambs.org

is a good source.

Blondie

• Puternut
    Puternut

I am dying to have some witnesses stop by. I would invite them in, set them down with a cup of coffee, I would let them glance at the walls where I have all my nude artwork hanging.

And then I would ask them what they'd think of it. And if there was a scipture in the bible that would show, as to wether or not a 'christian' could have such artwork, or could produce this.

And I would be curious about the child abuse issues also. I would show them the articles from the Silentlambs website. If they'd have a problem with the Internet, I would refer them to the fact that the WT has a website and so do the Silentlambs.

Puternut

• Mary
    Mary

Just open the door and say "My mommy told me to tell you that she's not home." This'll freak them out if you're over 10 years of age.

• Celtic
    Celtic

With a great deal of inner mischiviousness, hahahahahaha

• Sassy
    Sassy

I haven't had anyone call at my door but once in my whole lifetime.. at the time I was a witness but not living in my own territory..

I am not sure what I would do now.. No one has a clue I am a witness in this town.. I'd probably just say I wasn't interested.. or maybe that my mom is a Jehovah's Witness and if I have any questions I'll ask her.. who knows..

I don't want to prompt them though.. I figure they won't listen if I try to enlighten them any way.. so it isn't worth my time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit