How Do You Handle Dubs At The Door?

by Elmer J. Fudd 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Elmer J. Fudd
    Elmer J. Fudd

It seems as though I'm never prepared. I would love to have a simple statement to present to them. Any suggestions?

Elmer

• pc
    pc

Like people did to me when I went out in service, HIDE BEHIND THE CURTAINS AND WAIT TILL THEY LEAVE!! LOL pc

• woody02302
    woody02302

if your a witness, say hello, how are you, i'm good, thanks for asking. There is no need to be afraid, if you don't want to get in to it with them say, i got to go...goodby. That easy

• Elmer J. Fudd
    Elmer J. Fudd

Hey pc,

Maybe I could hide, but I'd really like to take about a foot off their mindless stride as they leave gravity and stagger about in a state of floating in the foam of "New Light".

Elmer

• Elmer J. Fudd
    Elmer J. Fudd

Thanks Woody,

I suppose I just have too much animosity. Thank you for your comments.

Elmer

• woody02302
    woody02302

I COMPLEATLY understand...keep your head up

• jaded
    jaded

At first I would not answer the door. Then my adult son was over one day and let a "sister" in. By the way, this was several years after we stopped attending meetings. She must have been auxillary pioneering because it was right before the Memorial. Shortly thereafter a very nice older sister began to call on us. My daughter would answer the door and take the magazines because she didn't want to be rude. I finally got sick of being disturbed and politely told her that we didn't read the magazines and that she shouldn't waste her time. She seemed genuinely upset. Guess she really doesn't want us to die at the "Big A". Or maybe she just didn't want to miss an easy return visit and magazine placement. This was several months ago and we haven't been bothered since. I'll bet the gossip mill is running wild.

You know, it really felt like a load was lifted off my shoulders when I finally spoke up. I am beginning to feel a sense of contentment that I didn't feel in my 23 yrs. as a JW.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Why not have fun with it?

Sadly, JW?s don?t come to my door anymore. But when they did, I would act innocent as a dove while asking questions that would make them uncomfortable and look silly when they attempted their answers. Once I had this young JW fellow (who I thought was a real nice kid by the way) so turned around he finally said he didn?t know and would bring back an elder with him on his next visit to help answer my questions. True to form, when he returned he was accompanied by this middle aged tough guy elder type of JW. But I saved the really tough questions for him. Soon he started wanting to know how I could know so much about the JW religion, but I wouldn?t give it to him. I just kept hitting him with logic to his illogic. He got so pissed his lips began to twitch and became beat red. I looked at the young JW several times as if to say, "This is what you want to be like?" He just looked down, embarrassed. Finally the elder guy gave up and had to go to another "commitment". I insisted he stay longer but he said he couldn?t as he walked backwards all the way out of my driveway back to his car. It was almost like he thought I might shoot him in the back or something. LOL

Oh, how I miss the door knocking . . .

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They never call on us, perhaps 'cos wife is still active.

I would love to have the chance to raise a few q's , but they would have to not know who I was. .. I would listen a bit . Then raise a few pertinent Q's, "So you mean to say that....." Try to get them thinking, you just never know

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

When I was young and first out, I used to tell them I was raised JW and my experiences. Sometimes they would look sad and sometimes they would look angry, but they always left fairly quickly. I think it was absolutely clear to them that I had no doubts to work on. But after a while I stopped because it felt like shooting duck in a barrel, they're just too confused to be worthy opponents in an argument. Now, my one psychic talent is that I know by the knock on the door if it's JWs. I'm never wrong. I ask through the door who is it, and when they say JWs I just say "no thank you". There isn't anything they can do after that because even JWs don't like the humiliation of shouting through the door at householders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit