How Do You Handle Dubs At The Door?

by Elmer J. Fudd 22 Replies latest jw friends

• baysixforme
    baysixforme

I have also moved from the area of the congregation that I used to attend.

Last time that I got a call from the local J.W.s, I told them straight about my feelings towards them. I told them to put me down as a do-not-call.

It worked! I no longer get disturbed by the J.W.s that have the smallest territory in my area, (it gets worked about every 6 weeks). I'm now after one of those cards that can be displayed in the window or door of property's. I used to come across them whilst on the misery ministry, in my J.W. days. One that says NO RELIGIOUS PEDDLARS blah blah blah....just to add repetion for emphasis...Ha, ha, ha.

Anyone in the Uk know where I can get one of those card from?

• bebu
    bebu

The Witnesses don't call on me anymore, but not because I requested it. I think it's because the few things I asked them made them uncomfortable and this caused trouble for the younger ones paired with the more experienced.

I just say, "Well, I have studied with the Witnesses before (this is true--about 3 months in Japan), and I did a lot of reading and checking and testing everything, and I have found so many red flags that I cannot believe that the WTS is God's channel. That's it in a nutshell. No one has ever been able to help me past these hurdles, and I've been very carefully looking just in case I've misunderstood something."

Usually, they volunteer to answer my objections... and this is where you have gotten the "GO" sign. Focus on the verifiable problems, waive off the Biblical arguments (tell them that you will be willing to look at them AFTER they have satisfied these other things), and keep the stance of someone who is determined to be objective and honest--and polite.

This works for Mormons too, but you have to know all THEIR issues, of course. (Oddly, the Mormons still call a lot, while I haven't had a call from the Witnesses in several years.)

bebu

• rebelChild
    rebelChild

i usally hide behind the door and peek through the hole to see who it is...once i opend it told them what i thought and then closed the door....i was proud of myself as i was newly out when i did that

RC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit