Ridicule or Reason on JWD? What do you do?....

by ScoobySnax 64 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Do you think its right to ridicule JWs on this forum or reason with them? So many threads. So many strong personalities. I personally hate the ridicule threads, they make me cringe, pictures of burning WTs mags, I use them to line my bird cage/clean up cat poop threads......I think its a bit childish, and a bit worrying at the same time. Maybe those who post that stuff see it as some sort of "liberation" or maybe they are just trying to impress others. I think it just sounds cranky. I get this image in my head of some crazed person rabidly tearing pages from a WT magazine and desperately trying to stuff them into their birdcage, or chasing tiddles round the garden hoping to scoop up a steaming turd and feeling somehow good about it. I'm sure most of it is just parody.... surely it is. How does your WatchTower burn?

I often take the magazines into work and leave them in patient waiting areas, along with all the other mags there, sometimes I see visitors reading them, other times they just sit there on the table, but sometimes they vanish altogether.....Surely some other minded JWD poster hasn't taken them and is using them to chase Tiddles/burn on an open grate etc etc...

So my question is, what does that achieve? Do you think it helps others that might be lurking here (I don't think so) Is it for the forums benefit (You never guess what I did with a WT mag!) or is it just a laugh at the JWs expense?

I like the reasoned (but not too deep!) reasoning, so many have good genuine stories to tell, that make me think, and surely it must others. The other stuff just comes across as bitter, daft and "inclusive". IMHO. Feel free to tear me from limb to limb.

Scoob

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I think that the pro-Dubs are probably dealt with a little more harshly than they should be. But then again, they often come blundering in here like a stampeding herd of elephants, trampling all over the feelings of those who've heard it all before, and therefore, to a certain extent they're getting what they deserve.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

But as for you, Scoob, you're not the agent of evil, you're just a very naughty boy!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I think it just sounds cranky. I get this image in my head of some crazed person rabidly tearing pages from a WT magazine and desperately trying to stuff them into their birdcage, or chasing tiddles round the garden hoping to scoop up a steaming turd and feeling somehow good about it. I'm sure most of it is just parody.... surely it is.

Hey, c'mon. You're just trying to make me feel bad about myself! Well it won't work mister. *proudly holds up "messy" watchtower with smeared picture of governing body members* *adds to collection*

• logansrun
    logansrun
    I like the reasoned (but not too deep!) reasoning

Well isn't that the understatement of the millenium.

Bradley

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Steph.....thats a good analogy, but false as far as this forums concerned. If anyone has come in here pro-JW, they are immediately labeled a TROLL or ridiculed often with a group heavy hand here. I'm not knocking that, this forum is just serving its purpose. It is for EX JWs....... but don't get me started on the slightly misleading mask head!

• Valis
    Valis

So, once again Scooby you play the half and half martyr. People are in all stages of dealing w/JWland here. You of all people should know that best. As well, the picture of the burning Watchtower and Awakes was from me, so as you so frequently like I am responding to your not so subtle jabs. I found those in a state park in Missouri. They were everywhere. At the rest stops, in the bathrooms, but most of all you found them in the trash. Whether it was a park employee that felt it thier duty to enlighten the visitors of the good news of the kingdom, or a freak on vacation doing the same thing,...It was the last thing I wanted to encounter on MY vacation...don't like it? Too bad. Try having children who are the target of my JW parents when it comes to "showing them the truth"...THEN come back and tell me the way people here display inapropriate reactions to thier dealings with JWs all the time.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Ladies and Gentleman..........I give you LOGANSRUN.....like a cow to the slaughter.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    but sometimes they vanish altogether

Guilty! When I see the mags laying around, I throw them in the trash so that some poor soul doesn't get sucked in like I did. (sorry scoob)

As far as how I treat dubs/pro dubs. I have a couple of times been a bit short with them, but only after they said something mean to me first. I know, two wrongs don't make a right. Anyway, most of the time i'm sweet as sugar, but that's just me.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Everyone on here are going through certain stages. Some have been out for years, some trying to leave, some have just now made that step, some have just learned tha they were lied to most of their lives and are angry about it. I for one try to refrain from ridicule, because to be honest, I'm not angry, anymore that is. Though, certain things like the mishandling of child abuse situations does make me angry. Maybe it's not the best example for some one fresh out of the organization to go to an "Apostate" website and see that they "really do bash the witnesses." But you know what, for some it's needed, some need to vent about their anger. The beauty of this board is that for every new or angry person who need to ridicule, there is someone who has been there and done that and offer some words of advice. I for one have said it once, and I'll say it again. I have alot of respect for many of teh people I knew as a witness. I believe alot of them to be geniune and kind people, then there's the idiots.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit