Regulations Beyond Those Provided in the Scriptures

by Corvin 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    CHRISTIAN association. (YMCA) or Young Men's Christian Association not allowed to go there.

I had to make it clear I had no more ties with the Salvation Army before I could join the theocraptic messed up school theocratic ministry school. I volunteered at the SA in order to get enough hours to get accepted at the local teacher's college.

I find out later that it's o.k. for sisters to buy clothes from the SA.

• somebody
    somebody

The 2 door cars and the pepperoni things are pretty scary. Someone mentioned the name tags at assemblies too. (I think it was on Walter's list). And it brought to my mind that I remembered reading that one of the reasons for the name bagdes was for advertisement purposes. I found where I read it:

*** km 5/82 p. 6 1982 ?Kingdom Truth? District Conventions *** "LAPEL CARDS: These cards are provided as a means of advertising the convention as well as to facilitate identifying our brothers and sisters in attendance." And that led me to remembering that JWs do not want to mixing in the company of many worldly people ( you know, those people who they spend hours going from house-to-house with the motive of directing them to their own organization?)..which leads to the question of..... Advertising the convention to WHO? The MANY WORDLY PEOPLE THEY DON'T WANT TO BE MIXING IN COMPANY WITH DURING THE DAY? *** km 5/99 p. 5 1999 ?God?s Prophetic Word? District Conventions *** "Many have said that the opportunity to relax during the noon break and spend additional time with their brothers and sisters has been enjoyable. This requires purchasing foodstuffs and beverages ahead of time and packing them in a small container or cooler that can fit under the seat. We request that all in attendance follow this instruction. Lately, building managers and food vendors in the facilities where our conventions are held have observed some brothers leaving the auditorium to purchase food from street vendors and fast-food establishments nearby. Some of the food vendors in the convention facilities being used are now demanding that they be allowed to open their food stands and serve the delegates attending our conventions. If this were permitted, many worldly people would be mixing in company with us during the day. " So just who does the WTS INC. wish their followers to advertise for them too?

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Beards, oh man they will use anything to sow seeds of shame in us. Like God will be so disheartened if a man has a beard. Or a tattoo or any other form of personal wear. They say its up to you but then in the same breath stumble you by shaming you to sell their stuff from door to door.

They tell you how loving God is, then shame you into crawling on all fours to keep you in line all for a publishing company.

What a racket.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit