Name tags

regional building commitees

kingdom halls

no pepperoni on your pizza

no smoking

judicial commitees

can only use society-approved hotels at conventions

no reporting of child abusers to authorities

blood cards - and they must be filled out at the BS under the elders supervision

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Restrictions following reinstatement

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

Hi Corvin here is an interesting quote i found on a jw site:

first of all the structure of the organization is such that the governing body only answers to God, we the "earthly things" have no right to an apology, in their view they answer to jehovah and jehovah alone. The precedents for this are, king david made no public apology for his gross error and neither did moses, both men were judged and punished by God directly.The annointed governing body believe themselves to be the representatives of christ rulership on earth.

Now we no why they arent accountable

• shamus
    shamus
    Woman wearing a napkin on their head to conduct a study or say prayer in front of an unworthy baptized brother.

LOL! I liked that!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I'm confused. Aren't the annointed supposed to be the ones that are making the rules since they will rule with Christ for 1,000 years, and they get God's holy spirit? Do the annointed ones, or the remnant, actually take a diligent role in mandating JW policy? I guess the GB are annointed, so far as they say, but what about the ones in the "field"? Do they call them up ad ask them what "new light" there is or anything? I've been out so long that I can't even remember how this works! What I always wondered is the JW's claim that there is no more miracles.. yet, they claim to be God's directed channel on Earth. To *me* and this just may be ME, it seems that spiritual direction is something of a miracle, since it's extraordinary. But wait.. oh yeah.. they are imperfect men, so whatever they say can't be counted on since they may be interpreting God's divine words to them through prayer <???> wrongly. Wait.. we have to listen to them because they are God's inspired channel to Earth.. but how can they be inspired when their interpretations may be wrong? Who's taking responsibility here?

Another thing: why would God tell them one thing, then another, and then back again? That doesn't make any sense. Don't they even see how nothing makes sense? If they were STUPID men, yes. But they aren't. Methinks they are blinded by power.

CG

• somebody
    somebody

iiz2cool : no pepperoni on your pizza

LOL.... Why would I not be surprized if that were true?

And I'd like to add to your list....

no buying food from food vendors at the convention sites.

peace,

somebody

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    LOL.... Why would I not be surprized if that were true?

When I first joined the dubs a bunch of us went to pizza hut for one of their specials. As soon as the food came everyone started picking off the pepperoni because it might contain meat by-products that just might have blood! I gave in to the peer pressure and picked mine off too, but I still continued to eat pepperoni in private. It was one of my "secret sins".

Walter

• shamus
    shamus

Walter,

Jehovah will kill you now. You filthy filthy bastard.....

Did you go to the elders? Or did you whip yourself with chains when you got home, LOL!

• Englishman
    Englishman

2 door cars?????????????

What? Why..........?

Englishman.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Shamus, I never repented and I continue to eat pepperoni on my pizza to this day. It was most likely the beginning of my spiritual downfall and subsequent descent into a life of debauchery.

Eman, a 2 door car is impractical when engaging in the field service, since people with cars are always expected to take others with them. Elders can split their pants open when trying to get out of the back seat, and hot-looking pioneer sisters could possibly show a little thigh when getting out!!!

Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit