Your story in 3 sentences or less.......

by ApagaLaLuz 89 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin
    The story of most of us in 3 words:

Born. Living. Death.

'kay then, can someone remind me, why did we bother with this thread?

• Puternut
    Puternut

Came into the borg at 22. ('thinking' this was my answer to life)

Climbed the spiritual ladder to PO (was disillusioned, lied to, betrayed, spiritually raped)

Came out of the borg a year ago (feeling free again like I was before I came in)

• Elmer J. Fudd
    Elmer J. Fudd

Ok, I'll byte on this one,

1. I fell prey to the borg at age 5, 1956, when my "over- zealuos" mother got a knock on the door from a dub.
    2. I was baptized at age 8, Mom told me I could go swimming in a big swimming pool at an Assembly in Columbus, Ohio and as I was dog-paddling around in the pool having a great time and minding my own business when a big guy grabbed me and slammed me under the water and to tell you the truth I didn't know what was going on.
    3. I was very upset when he (the big guy) told me to get out of the pool.

Elmer

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

LOL at Elmer!!!! I wish my baptism could have been as oblivious as your's :) The visual is Tooooo much aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Poor little Elmer being slammed under the water

Obvious.... I've answered your PM

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I was raised a JW, there were many bad things that happened to alter my life before I was 18.

I was a sad, confused , grieving over the past mother of three , feeling I was never a good enough publisher because I wasnt a regular pioneer.

My hubby started learning the WT was bullcrap, convinced me, and we walked away to live the rest of our lives in happiness and freedom.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Elmer, LOL, you poor little tyke (then, not now). That's so mean!

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

Thats some baptizm Elmer

born a dub

mother died

didnt have to pretend anymore

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

3rd gen Witness; hanging in there by the skin of my teeth just to keep my marriage and communication with my folks. Very close to breaking away... any minute now.

DY

• Snapdragon
    Snapdragon

I was born and raised a JW, although never baptised....I really don't know why I never did, because all my friends did.?.

When I showed interest in a GREAT worldly guy, the elders found me an easy target to make an example of. (Naughty girl, not getting baptised when all the others were.)<--Doesn't count as a sentence.

The ease with which they pushed me out the door befuddled me, and now I don't know how to fill my spiritual void.

~A

• Undecided
    Undecided

Born a third gereration JW.

Progressed from pioneer, to PO.

Got divorced by JW wife, married a worldy girl and walked away slowly, to much overload of JW duties, finally learned the real truth about the borg and haven't been back to a meeting in years.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit