Your story in 3 sentences or less.......

by ApagaLaLuz 89 Replies latest jw friends

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Hey! Shotguns post got me thinking. Post your story is 3 sentences or less, if possible. Here's mine:

Was born a JW, baptized at 13, Left at 19 and took pretty much the whole population of young ones, and some of the old ones, with me. :) I started taking the King James bible with me to the meetings, and it changed everything I had ever known.

• Valis
    Valis

Grew up a JW. Left when I was 17. Never went back.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

not a dub. met a girl and joined the dubs. left the dubs and lost the girl.

• New Castles
    New Castles

Born a JW, baptized at 12, leaving now at 25. Read the pedophile issue and the UN situation and it changed my perspective of the society. Just bought the King James version, and its starting to change my life.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

not a dub, mom became a dub and raised me as a dub, but I never dedicated myself as a dub, and left the dubs when I had the chance, and mom left as well several years later.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I was raised in the troof and finally stopped going at age 27 when I caught the WTS being deceptive in the blue 1985 Evolution book.

During those years I had climbed my way up the JW ladder... from mic handler, to WT reader, to sound box controller, to saying lame-ass prayers at the KH, to Ministerial Servant, to Territory Servant, and finally to Literature Servant.

This third sentence intentionally left blank.

• Fleur
    Fleur

my family is on it's fifth generation of dubs. i was the first one in said family to leave an abusive mate, get df'd (though i tried to da first, they df'd anyway) and not try to get reinstated, i'm quite the scandal. am finally happy for the first time in my life, i'm free.

fleur

• Princess
    Princess
    This third sentence intentionally left blank.

Now that was funny.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Hurt.

Fled.

Recovering.

• Mulan
    Mulan

1. Grew up a JW.
    2. Married a great guy, who became an elder, and was a serious Bible student.
    3. After being married 33 years, he learned the real truth, and convinced me it wasn't what we thought it was.
    4. We left.

Four sentences. Sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit