Your story in 3 sentences or less.......

by ApagaLaLuz 89 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

Gumby:

Born a JW.

Raised a JW.

These two are to close to the same. You have to pick another one.

OK, then, how about: Born a JW. Swallowed the whole shebang--hook, line, sinker, boat, dock, and processing plant?

• gumby
    gumby

Now that sounds better

Gumby

• dh
    dh

what a set of bastards

• JH
    JH

A friend brought me to the troof when I was in my mid 20's. I have no family there.

I never liked the dub lifestyle because it's man made and not biblical and too demanding.

I quit going since a few years because I'm unhappy there, with these false friends and false prophecies.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Recruited in 1973 by a cute boy who showed me "the meek shall inherit the earth." Married him the day before my baptism.

Finally realized, in 1995, that I was being penalized for living by the Golden Rule. Left and took the cute boy with me.

OK, 4 sentences, but dig the parallelism!

GentlyFeral

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

My story is only as it relates to my knowledge of, and experience with religion. Like most others, 'my story' is made up of many varied aspects.

1. Non religious childhood and youth.

2. Semi-religious lifestyle with the dubs until I lost interest and realised that the real life was passing me by at a rapid rate as long as remained associated with any religious organisation.

3. Now totally, utterly, inexhaustably, irrevocably, unapologetically, unreservedly, shamelessly, and proudly irreverant, and both anti and irreligious.

cheeses. Reflecting solemnly.

• five_crew
    five_crew

I was in.

Then I was out.

Now I'm happy

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Born in
    Killed in
    Run away ...

• onacruse
    onacruse

fivecrew:

I was in.

Then I was out.

Now I'm happy

Yeah! That was what I was trying to say

Craig (of the "wishes that that pesky Gumby would just leave my grits alone" class)

• Sabine
    Sabine

1. God sacrificed his son.

2. I sacrificed my daughter.

3. We are even.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit