In the New System I was going to............

by reboot 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Galaxy7,

I wish you were closer! I would love to give a young horse a home. I had to put my friend of 23 years down a couple of years ago. I still have his picture on my fridge. I loved him alot!!! He was more of a pet than a riding horse. I had him when he was only 4 months old!

Strawberry

• Celtic
    Celtic

Be a landscape designer / gardener, yep, I'm doing it now.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Start a heavy metal band, and jump off cliffs. Hell, I'd be perfect, so I wouldn't die!

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

The only thing I can remember wanting to do in the "new system" is to have a panther as a pet ... this was when I was a kid, of course!

I still think it might be kinda cool to do ... but not likely to happen ...

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I was going to have a nice home where I felt safe, a big bed with lots of pillows, and a few flowers outside. I believed I'd be in love with a great man, however I never could imagine him living with me, just pictured his home, my home, and the two of us getting together whenever we felt like it. And, I pictured myself reading books and learning lots of new things.

Funny thing is, I'm doing all that stuff now, and I don't have to wear long, flowery dresses and carry around bowls of fruit, like in the pictures in the publications. Thank the Goddess for that, anyway!

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

I cant think of anything better than what I have now.

100 acres of trees and land watching my herd of horses gallop across the pasture

seeing the baby foals as they are born and watching them play

When I go for a walk 8 chickens and two dogs follow me what could be better than that.

Living forever would be a nice bonus

• shamus
    shamus
    I dreamed of having more time to paint..travelling around the world on horseback and living a simpler life and being able to throw off the constraints of materialism....

I was going to frolic with lions and giraffe's.....................

One time at a book study the 'brother' asked if we thought that we would be doing space travel, LOLOL! Star-Trek nerds.... they are so weird....

• Sassy
    Sassy

I wanted to have a daughter....

I seemed to only generate sons......and my dream was always to have daughters....so I thought in the new system I could finally have my daughter......

that and the perfect orgasm

• FMZ
    FMZ

My dream was always to be self sufficient. Growing vegetables, building my own house etc. Even helping each other out... like if I needed a basket to put things in, then I would go to someone who could make baskets, and giving them a handful of that years bumper crop.

When I met my wife, my dream was to just be sitting on a hill with Tammy, in the beautiful green grass, and watch the sun go down. That was it, that was all I wanted to do in the new system. The rest would be a bonus.

How I feel about it now? I'd say that although that particular dream may not come true, my beliefs still allow for my wife and I being together after life in this world has ended. And that is still all I want.

FMZ

• Atilla
    Atilla

Strange, I never pictured myself in paradise, I always thought of others enjoying it such as my dead friend who I thought would be resurrected. Sure I had vague ideas but nothing concrete, maybe take over one of those really nice houses I saw out in service. Who knows, the simple days are gone now but I must say I'm happier that way, free choice.

I always liked the saying Chance Favors the Prepared Mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit