In the New System I was going to............

by reboot 35 Replies latest jw friends

• reboot
    reboot

..do you remember what you wanted to do when that was a ' reality' ?

Is it still important to you to do them?

What hopes and dreams were you longing to fulfill.... have you started to live them now?

and if you're not, why not?

I dreamed of having more time to paint..travelling around the world on horseback and living a simpler life and being able to throw off the constraints of materialism....

i'm trying to still fulfill them because i'm trying not to loose touch with what I really want.......i'm painting seriously as much as I can and the travelling is planned for when my last child leaves home in a few years...then i'll sell the house, stop the businesses and sell everything to go......

i'd love to hear about you........

• ball.
    ball.

I always liked the idea of a Paradise garden because I love gardening and countryside, however I live in a town and have no garden! But I will find my dream one day I guess. I'm currently saving up for a house with a garden - and if I'm right, the property market in the UK will probably crash again within 18 months.

• bisous
    bisous

see my dead husband. guess I can't start that dream, eh, except through photographs.

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

sounds nice see my earlier post (someone to care for me) free horse for your trip around the world

• Mary
    Mary

I always wanted to have a lion as a pet, see what Absolom looked like (he was apparently the biblical version of Elvis), see my dead relatives again, talk to Moses, get married, have children and never worry about tomorrow. Yes, it was a nice dream. I'd like to thank the Governing Body for utterly destroying my faith in anything they ever promised me.

• bisous
    bisous

frankly, being out for so long now, I feel pretty stoopid I ever 1/2 believed any of that claptrap. It was only in the 1st few months after my husband was killed and was grasping at whatever straw I could find that I prayed and prayed for Armageddon to come immediately.

Nothing like cult brainwashing to fcuk one up ... and nothing like death to wake you up ... thanks John. I'm free now ... and all that shyte is ancient history. Moving forward, moving on ... life is wonderful and I try (not always successfully) to savor everyday I am alive.

• reboot
    reboot

((((((biscous)))))) i'm still hoping to find many friends and my mother in the future...who knows what we'll find...I prefer to keep my options open...

galaxy.....my last horse was a nightmare...don't tempt me....i've always wanted to bring one on myself...I get so fed up with trying to re-train.......the best horses ive ridden lately were at a western stables near me-they seem to be better schooled than the ones in the English system.........

Ball...Ive been working on the two year theory myself...hope you get your bargain..and start to plant up your paradise...

• reboot
    reboot

Well, this is a thread about realising your dreams, and I think living each day to the fullest is a great start (((((Biscous))))) and the best way to say f**k them....

, get married, have children and never worry about tomorrow

(((Mary)))I dont know how old you are but my friend's neighbour married at 81 last year... and she now has children from his marriage...

• talesin
    talesin

play the piano

• reboot
    reboot

.and are you doing it now...?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit