How Greepeace loves to kill millions of innocent people...

by Elsewhere 60 Replies latest social current

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Who has saved more human lives (estimated at over One Billion - that's billion with a B) than anyone else in history as a direct result of his work? Who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1970? Who still teaches at Texas A&M at the age of 90? The answer is Norman Borlaug. In my oppinion he is one of the greatest humans ever to live. He has done more good than any human could dream of.

Now... the point of my post... Mr. Borlaug saved over a Billion human lives through the development of new stands of plants that produced more food and with less resourses. He is currently working on GM (Genetically Modified) foods to greater increase the yealds of crops.

Now comes Greepeace. They claim to be "saving the world" by BLOCKING food shipments to starving people!!!!

When a cause become so self absorbed that they FORGET their primary purpose (to save human life) that they start killing people to achive their political goals... they have become lost!

=====================================================

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/05/08/brazil.greenpeace.ap/index.html

Greenpeace activists prevent soybean loading

Group stops mixing of genetically altered, natural beans on ship

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil (AP) -- A freighter left Brazil's southern port of Paranagua on Saturday after Greenpeace environmental activists tied themselves to mechanical loaders to prevent the ship from mixing conventional soybeans with genetically modified grain.

The freighter's destination wasn't immediately known. It had originally been bound for Turkey, Greenpeace said.

The activists, all members of the environmental group Greenpeace, chained themselves to the top of the loaders at 11:30 p.m. Friday, shortly before the Global Wind docked in the port, 375 miles (600 kilometers) south of Rio de Janeiro, a representative for the group said.

The loaders take the grain from silos to freighters.

According to Greenpeace, the ship was already carrying 30,000 tons of genetically modified soybeans and came to Paranagua to add another 10,000 tons of natural product, all destined for Turkey.

"It is a great day for us. It tells us it is possible to keep this port clean of genetically modified grain," said Greenpeace spokeswoman Mariana Paoli, interviewed from Paranagua by telephone. "We are acting to protect our soy production from contamination with the genetically modified product."

The activists tied to the loaders said they began to celebrate the departure of the ship as soon as they noticed it was readying to leave.

"It is a victory for us. We couldn't be happier," Leticia Camargo, one of the Greenpeace activists, told The Associated Press by telephone. She said she was speaking from the top of one of the loaders as the Global Wind was departing.

"It shows that peaceful actions yield results when people are determined to attain an objective," she said.

The whole cargo belongs to the U.S. agricultural giant Bunge, she said.

The action by Greenpeace is part of a campaign to support Brazil's ban on genetically modified soybeans. The ban was weakened slightly this year when one of Brazil's 26 states -- Rio Grande do Sul, which borders Argentina -- passed a temporary law allowing producers to use modified seeds.

There was no answer to repeated calls to the Port Authority in Paranagua.

Paoli said the activists want more government support for conventional soybean farmers, to increase production and compete with the genetically modified product.

The group also wants the government to start labeling all products sold to consumers, indicating whether they contain genetically modified products.

Brazil is the world's second-largest soybean producer after the United States. Brazil's conventional soy exports go mainly to Europe, where genetically modified soy is banned because of uncertainty over the long-term health effects.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Here's another way Greenpeace is killing millions (or letting them die):

http://www.spiked-online.com/Articles/000000005591.htm

I saw a documentary on this. Very tragic.

• Celtic
    Celtic

You are talking out yer ruddy ass, do you think that just because you think you're own opinion is right, everybody elses is wrong, do you not know that the majority of the British population is dead against GM foods, are they in your opinion, all talking bollocks, or are we allowed a point, or are you a dictator in your thoughts, or are you able to raise a question unbiased towards engendering only one side of an argument, I think your post is loaded on one side and does not represent a fair balance, what do you think?

Mark

• Celtic
    Celtic

Pius are you really trying to tell me that to save all these lives is a good thing? Are we not over populated enough? Is it not about time that in order for the human race to survive we need to get rid of a billion or so, whomsoever that may be? Think logically, not emotionally. Be realistic about this, not idealistic.

Mark

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Is it not about time that in order for the human race to survive we need to get rid of a billion or so, whomsoever that may be?

I take it you are volunteering to starve to death so that another person will be able to eat. You?re a better man than me!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Celtic said:

Pius are you really trying to tell me that to save all these lives is a good thing? Are we not over populated enough? Is it not about time that in order for the human race to survive we need to get rid of a billion or so, whomsoever that may be? Think logically, not emotionally. Be realistic about this, not idealistic.

I think the Chinese Gov't has a position for you.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

So they're better off dead, huh? You say rationally we should reduce population by a billion, okay....why should the population reduction all happen over there in the distant third world where it would not affect you? Why not do our part to keep our population down too? How about get rid of all vaccinations, hospital care for injured and sick, and let diseases roam unchecked when they appear. That's the least we could do. It sounds nauseatingly elitist and chauvenistic to cavalierly accept the situation in the third world as "best for humanity" when we don't have to face the anguish for ourselves.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

GREENPEACE can kiss my @$$! Envirowhacko nut jobs piss me off.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

My, the bleeding hearts think I'm a bad guy. Wait til they get a load of Celtic.

• donkey
    donkey

I am an envirowhacko and you can shove your own whatever up your a$$. I don't intend to kiss it.

That being said, I quit supporting Greenpeace because of this very issue. On 99% of the issues I agree with Greenpeace but their stance on GM foods is silly. I approached one of their directors about the possibility of me making focused contributions or excluding their GM foods campaign from my contributions and they declined.

The subject of GM foods has come up here before and many opposed it strongly - of course they would rather see dumb African's die over their "principles" than compromise on the issue. We don't want to feed starving people GM food - it might be bad for their health. Do leftists only use one side of their brain?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit