Why is it even ex JW's run scared when they hear the word apostate?

by happehanna 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Because of personal experience and awakening observations I had become totally disgusted with the Org and knew I could never go back to the KH, but felt very alone in my feelings. I wanted to talk with someone abouit my thoughts and feelings but so afraid to even mention that I was no longer a believer of the Org. Finally in a moment of desperation I got online to find some sort of psycological support hoping that I would not run into apostates. My hands were shaking when I first began to search the web. I was scared--really scared. I am convinced that it was fear that was programmed into me by the Org. I know that many do not like to use this word, but how do you spell B.R.A.I.N.W.A.S.H.I.N.G?

• boa
    boa

the mind control is clear as a bell for me now and that is why anyone would run from the label put on a person for anything.....ie 'apostate', 'atheist', 'satanist', blah blah blah....

my newest method of jw 'cult' or 'sect' deprogramming tactic (for family and friends) is to 'K.I.S.S.' them to death (jwism death, real world 'life) by simple comparisons of their beliefs and the most basic Biblical example of God's servants/ 'organization'. I've found so far that these jws really don't care all that much for the scandals, details of error etc.....its not that important. So for example I might develop the conversations around this - God's prophets of old spoke truth that consistently was fulfilled true - SHOW me an example where it wasn't or there were 'dissappointments' at false direction? (I know I know...I'm saying that from THEIR perspective....personally I'm not so convinced the Bible is the Word of God...sheesh).

Or this one - God's 'organization' (using their terms) was consistently progressive forward, not changing all the time and unclear on what direction God was giving. Most importantly, God, through his prophets and 'organization' DID NOT EVER LIE! Would you (jw) believe that God's 'organization' would ever LIE to you?

anyway....its just my newest angle I'm trying for what its worth.

the 'apostate' term, the way its used by jws no longer concerns me....it has lost its power....of course because I gave it that power in the first place....sheesh.....and that it causes such a reaction even in exjws reinforces the correctness of my own decisions lol

boa

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

God lies by proxy often Boa in the OT. You may be endorsing JWs if you play that angle, but you would have to meet a radical JW like me to point that out. Infact God may have lied in genesis to adam and eve.

• Agent 1 of 1
    Agent 1 of 1

That's exactly how I felt, Sista, right before I decided to look up info online. I had so many doubts and questions that needed answered but there's no way I could get it from the society. But, it was very difficult to do this. Everything told me that what I was about to do was just terrible, the worst sin, but I had to just tell myself that I felt that way because of it being so indoctrinated in me.

I compared this situation to jumping off a high diving board. You get enough courage to climb up there and you walk to the edge of it and look down. Its a far drop, but you keep telling yourself that you'll be okay. You take your steps back then make a run for it, but stop yourself from jumping. Now, if you get enough nerve to pull it off, then great. But there's this fear put in all of us, and even if we logically told ourself different (that the religion is a lie) do we honestly feel that? Do we honestly believe that? And as for other JWs that have left and still believe it despite not wanting to believe it, its still deeply set in them. Unless they have the courage to face it, they'll always be on that highdive, never knowing the true freedom.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

True freedom is the ability to believe a known falsehood that is counter productive to your means because you will it so.

• boa
    boa

LOL XQ! You make sense (most of the time) and are bang on with your comments on jwism (most of the time) and yes, I realize that if my relatives were like YOU, that angle wouldn't work!

The key is that most dubbies (dare I say 'most') are NOT like you but instead are just 'normal' people under the deep mind control of a religious (non)authority, many times because they like it that way for jeece sake!

Most of my relatives don't stand a chance when it comes to the facts about their beliefs....in a battle of wits and facts, they are unarmed! I was the same in every way, and I still have hope that things may change for them (sounds arrogant but its seems to be the pitiful truth)

boa

• mustang
    mustang

"True freedom is the ability to believe a known falsehood that is counter productive to your means because you will it so."

Interesting!!! Quite a mouthful and it amounts to the Doublethink? of Orwell's' 1984. But that is not quite what WTS does. They have adopted a technique that is known as "Dual Opposing Doctrines?". In fact, this is effectively one of their private horde of little known doctrines. "Dual Opposing Doctrines?" enables an agenda that is hidden from view of the lower ranks, but serves the purpose of the upper management.

And FREEDOM is NOT achieved by WTS, nor is it its goal. Its goal is enslavement!!! I was reminded of this when I encountered JW's 10 years ago. They informed me of the discussions that freedom was an illusion and that no one was truly free.

Now, that is a great thought and dogma/propaganda to hand to your followers. Using this reasoning, you can hand the followers their own shackles and they will clamp the shackles on for you.

Well, as Tom Cruise said, "I? feel the need? for speed"; I shall paraphrase him and say that "I feel the need for a DISCLAIMER:"

TO WIT:

Disclaimer:

All that I write or utter is protected under the religious freedom guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States of America, in the First Amendment, as the Free Exercise Clause; in addition, the Freedom of Speech held from the same source is further invoked.

Additionally, the Church Law Shield is applied to all that I utter or write, because I am expressing my religious views to be held as those propounded by a Church. The Church Law Shield consists of many precedents that defend a Church against outside influences regarding the expression of worship.

I declare all statements of mine to be "Articles of Faith" of my Belief System, whether that Belief System encompasses any Church in existence or my own single and individual beliefs.

Mustang

• cypher50
    cypher50
    He just said it was hypocritical religion but that they has most of the bible right in his opinion.

That is why he was shocked by hearing you say apostate...anyone who does real study of the JW doctrine can see that the WTS doesn't have many things that are biblically "right"...

• DIM
    DIM

inactive or weak ones sometimes are the worst people to deal with, because the guilt level they have inside is so great, the are actually in some cases MORE annoying than JW's....

However, I don't think the argument that "The WTS has a hold still" is valid, because I think they have a hold on all of us....whether you believe that or not. We are posting here bitching about them....seems like they have a hold in even little ways still.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

I hear you on that DIM. But if they don't have a hold on you, you are free to talk about it too right? Being here or not here, talking about it or not is not really an indicator of whether it has a hold on you, after all someone who isn't here might just not want to deal with it or think about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit