Why is it even ex JW's run scared when they hear the word apostate?

by happehanna 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

In a Word:Latent lingering mind control.: http://www.freeminds.org/psych/whyleave.htm#defend they are still connected with lingering doubts. I'm an apostate warrior,still, because I was born into the 'troof' it took me 5 long years to resolve in my heart that they are false cult. The mind control indoctrination lock they had on me was severe.The key to my release was to make comparisons with the other destructive cults.I was amazed that the moonies call their deceptive protocol of lying;"heavenly deception" how that rings and resonates with the Watchtower's:"theocratic warfare". Don't Isolate yourself from support groups like this forum:[Proverbs 18 "1 HE WHO willfully separates and estranges himself [from God and man] seeks his own desire and pretext to break out against all wise and sound judgment.]" The Watchtower cult is truly demented and demonic their ministers morph into "ministers of righteousness".The greatest trick that the devil ever pulled,was to convince the world that he didn't exist,OR that his organization is the 'troof'. When i lived in Boston Mass. i attended my first ex-cult support group put up by Steve Hassan (he was just getting ramped up). In attendance was a young women 25'sh or so,who was just balling her pretty little eyes out.She went on to sob about,how she had really believed in her heart of hearts that,"Reverend and Mrs Moon where her mother and father". NOW,for a split second i'm thinking to myself........,'silly girl,what did you expect,EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT THE MOONIES ARE A RIPOFF CULT! Then it hit me like a thunderbolt,we are all cut from the same cloth.All destructive cults are the same! http://www.freeminds.org/psych/lifton.htm The cult leaders are wolves in sheep's clothing predators who mentally abuse people terrible, http://dannyhaszard.com/psychopaths.htm After I had been wrongfully disfellowshipped from the,Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses Rockland Massachusetts.I stayed in town for a while before i moved on.There was one popular supermarket in town where everyone did their groceries.Including the local JW's.I continued my shopping there also. I s**t you not the, Jw's STOPPED shopping there because of me! Control freaks with a mean streak! Now stop and think.WHO? IS this fanatical.....WHO?

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

There are people who stop going to church who fear they will go to hell ... this is like some JWs who stop going to meetings, they fear they will die at Armageddon. They are not really ex-JWs, they are simply JWs who have become inactive.

• happehanna
    happehanna

Undaunted Danny I agree

The mind control indoctrination lock they had on me was severe.The key to my release was to make comparisons with the other destructive cults.I was amazed that the moonies call their deceptive protocol of lying;"heavenly deception" how that rings and resonates with the Watchtower's:"theocratic warfare".

I have just come back from a recovery workshop and found so many similarities between the different mindset of people who had left various cults and sects that I have to reason that JW's are in the same bracket.

The interesting thing is that we all regardless of which cult beleived at one time that we had 'the troof' and that in the main we all were sorely disappointed that it wasn't.

It was interesting that no matter what group/cult you leave you are viewed quite quickly as apostate/enemy and other group members fear you, if you say one negative thing about the group you have left.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Truthseeker: Hey daddy!

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow
    God's prophets of old spoke truth that consistently was fulfilled true - SHOW me an example where it wasn't or there were 'dissappointments' at false direction?

Pretty good idea, XQ's.

• maxwell
    maxwell

It sounds like this guy still has some JW beliefs, and considering that his reaction is understandable. I agree somewhat with Markfromcali. The JW religion teaches that apostates are the most evil people out there. While this is not true, it is true that some leave the JW religion and join the anti-JW religion. Now they don't preach all things JW. They go around preaching all things anti-JW. So they have simply become a religious fanatic of another kind and some people associate apostate with that kind of person whether true or false. Few people want to hang around a person who cannot have a conversation without trying to insult some small religious sect, which has very little influence in the world, or whose whole goal in life is to destroy the JW. There are better things to do with one's life.

That said, technically, using the JW apostate definition, I could probably be labeled an apostate considering some of the stuff I tell my wife, who is still a JW, and what I would tell someone who really wanted to know what it was like being a JW. But like some other posters, I don't go around telling people I'm an apostate or that I used to be part of a mind-control group, unless it comes up in normal conversation and the person I'm talking to is genuinely interested in my past. Besides, I don't follow the bible as an authority at all now and my main reason for leaving the religion would apply to all religions. I don't think of myself as an apostate. I'm just a guy trying to live my life as best as possible, and while being a raised a JW was a significant part of my life, it is in my past now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit