Changd My Mind About the War In Iraq

by roybatty 59 Replies latest social current

• roybatty
    roybatty
    You are joking right?...............

No, I'm serious. I believe the US should send in troops and stop the Dutch from abusing those poor potatoes. If we don't stop them, what's next? Whore house? Legal drugs? It would be a very dangerous situation.

• Cloud Strife
    Cloud Strife

Riiiiiiight.......may I ask :"What is your IQ?"

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Riiiiiiight.......may I ask :"What is your IQ?"

I'm not sure what IQ means. How do you spell that?

• Simon
    Simon

How about **not** setting someone like Saddam up in the first place? That way, no one has to die in the first place.

Just think of all the money you'll save !

• roybatty
    roybatty
    How about **not** setting someone like Saddam up in the first place? That way, no one has to die in the first place.

Just think of all the money you'll save !

Exactly! The US should have simply done nothing, not support anyone outside our borders. Hey, we should have followed the example of our European brothers and their former colonies in Africa. The "do nothing" attitude has worked perfectly there. Decades of civil war and poverty never hurt anyone, well, not anyone in western europe that is.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I don't want one more U.S. soldier to die for the Iraqi people. ----the international community was right. The people of Iraq do not deserve to live in a free society. They do not appreciate the opportunity they have now that Saddam is gone. --- I was right with my first assesment of what should have been done: go in, take out Saddam, break things and leave. In the future if another Saddam-type situation comes up, bomb the little bugger.

ABSOLUTELY -- and BTW if India and Pakistan want to go to war with each other , do not discuss at the UN which is a waste of time --let them NUKE each other -- the sooner the US becomes isolationist the better -- in fact they can have the UN building -- let them rebuild in Geneva for all I care -- as for the Iraqis -- pull out the troops and let a nice civil war occur -- serve them right - they will then have what they deserve - and maybe Al Jazeera or whatever the Arab news station is called will finally see there is nobody better at killing muslims than other muslims (yes I know India is predominantly Hindu)

• talesin
    talesin

Cloud

Well, my IQ is high enough to know the definition of a rude little boy. Is yours? You were given a fine, warm welcome. And this is your response? Tsk, tsk. That's not very Christian, imho.

Ah, well, peace be with you. Try not to be so rude to strangers, it will get you much further in life.

talesin

• donkey
    donkey

Roy,

We really have to get together sometime...we share many common views.

I am for an isolationist view from the USA - in almost every way except trade.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I am for an isolationist view from the USA - in almost every way except trade.

lol.

*shakes head*

Roy, you aren't far from correct. When someone is as bad as Saddam, anyone would be just as good (and almost surely better) for the Iraqi people. EXCEPT... in this odd case you had two of Saddam's sons to take his place. And yet, there is no guarantee that either could have successfully taken over.

From an American perspective, and a world security and peace perspective, there were many workable options besides a quickie invasion and a clueless idea that we could successfully occupy and passify a huge, predominately Muslim country. WTF? I thought neo-conservatives didn't believe in drugs!

• donkey
    donkey

....wonder if the other 3 are leftist-commies too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit