Bullied JW Child

by desib77 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

Funny isn't? The society says one must use one's Bible educated conscience, but of course, but really what they mean by that is your conscience, dictated by the teachings of the society should make you come to the appropriate conclusion that competitive sports are a no-no.

If you don't believe me on that matter, think about assembly parts, or demonstrations, whenever they have a parts designed for young people and they bring out "shinning" examples from the congregations, they always show roughly the same thing. They usually have the young witness who got asked out by a classmate of the opposite sex, and sometimes had to endure humiliation from they're classmates because they won't date. Then you have the really smart witness kid who did really well in school, and got told by their guidance counselors to get scholarships to pursue an education, but they refused and decided to pioneer and they mention how it is the most rewarding thing they have ever done. Finally, they have the talented athlete who got asked by the coach to play for the team, but "came to the appropriate conclusion" that playing in an afterschool sports team would hurt their spirituality.

Let's face it, actions speak louder then words. The society may write that certain things are a conscience matter, but if you look at all the experiences presented at assemblies, do you ever see someone up there that said they played sports and still managed to attend meetings?

Nocturne

• Cloud Strife
    Cloud Strife

No, but why is that bad?........as long as you feel happy.

IN the examples you refer to, the people make their choise because they want to.

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

Whether it was their choice is besides the point. My point was that the society severely discourages any form of afterschool activities. The people going up on stage for demonstrations are held up as examples for the rest of the jws. So every parent who sees come to the conclusion that if a kid up there did well by refusing to participate in sports, they want their kids to be held as "good examples" in their congregations, thus they don't allow their kids to participate.

**just would like to add that I agree with some posters here. I don't think you're a real JW, or maybe you have doubts of your own but don't want to acknowledge them. You clearly know this is an apostate website, and you keep on posting here eventhough you said you were going to leave. I remember when I was younger, and at one point had doubts, when someone tried to present facts to me about the society, I still defended the organization....so you never know. Stick around, there's alot you can learn here.

• Cloud Strife
    Cloud Strife

So? who's fault is it then?.....the organisation........or the parents who want their kids to do or not do something they don't want?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit