Dub-think vs. reality-add your own examples

by doodle-v 31 Replies latest jw friends

• mustang
    mustang

I've actually heard this one. A big flood occurred in the eastern USA. A "Brother" was talking to a "Sister":

Brother: Wow, I saw pictures in the news; half of S--- City seems to have been washed away!!!

Sister: Yes, I know; my uncle lives on Main St. there.

Brother: Oh, that's bad; how is he?

Sister: It's Ok, he's "worldly" anyway.

Notice the order of importance:

1) Something bad happened (could be prophecy fulfillment or sign of the end). Look out the door: is the Big A starting?

2) I have a relative there (so I am important, this can make me the center of attention for a moment).

3) The relative is worldly (so he isn't of any consequence and deserves what he gets).

4) The relative's condition??? So low in importance that it is off the charts and DOESN'T MATTER TO A DUB RELATIVE!!!!

Mustang

• talesin
    talesin

Sylvia is in a tragic car accident on the way home from work. She is in rough shape, but her chances are good.

Sylvia wakes up in recovery, thankful and oh-so-happy to be alive.

Sylvia is dead. She needed a blood transfusion.

t

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

George is a Ministerial Servant in Sylvia's cong.

He hears that Sylvia died in a car accident after refusing a blood transfusion.

Old George: OMG this is awful. She could have survived! what kind of insane religion is this?

New George: How wonderful she proved her loyalty to Jehovah. I'll think I will use her example in my next talk in the service meeting.

• TD
    TD

Sylvia's office participates in a blood drive:

Old Sylvia: Hmmm. I've never donated blood before, but I'm young, I'm healthy, I'm not promiscuous, I've never had a transfusion or an organ transplant myself, I'm the ideal donor. Why not? I'll do it ---- what greater gift could there be than the gift of life for someone else?

New Sylvia: The "use" of blood is in direct contravention of the scriptures. We are in the dying days of this system of things and the devil is becoming ever more desparate. Office blood drives where peer pressure to donate is used against true Christians such as myself is proof of this. I must pray for Jehovah's strength to carry me through this persecution. Maybe my fine witness will encourage others.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Sylvia's son is really good at football and wants to play for the HS Football team.

Old Sylvia: I'm so proud! Perhaps some scouts will find him and he'll get a college scholarship at a good university!

New Sylvia: He isn't going to play. That sport is TOO dangerous. Those worldly people won't encourage him to go out in service. He'll miss meetings in the evening because of practice. He is better off vacuuming up cracker crumbs in the back row of the KH. Then he'll learn some truly valueable skills of a janitor.

• talesin
    talesin

Sylvia's company offers to send her on a two-week intensive management training course being offered to a very few, select young, up-and-comers on the team.

old Sylvia says "I'm so excited! This is one opportunity I am going to take full advantage of. Maybe it will help me get that big promotion when Josephina Blow retires. Hmm, I wonder if I'll get to rub shoulders with many of the execs?"

new Sylvia says "If I go on this course, they will expect me to take on more responsibility. That will only mean more time spent at work. The end is so near, I need to spend more time in preaching the word. Besides, I just love the FS so much!"

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Reality:

What!? Child molestation was covered up in our church!? That's it, we're leaving!

Dub Reality: Oh, those victims are probably apostate anyways.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Old Sylvia (attending an Oakland A's baseball game):

The announcer says: Please stand for the national anthem. Great, Sylvia thinks as she stands up. Always makes me feel good before a game--this singer has a particularly good voice.

New Sylvia:

I should've gone to the bathroom--forgot about the anthem thing. Gee, I think those people over there are looking at me because I'm sitting....I know it's wrong to stand...knots in stomach.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Sylvia is expecting a child, and is very excited. Her doctor informs her that she will need a c-section because the baby is in a breach position.

Old Sylvia;

Great, don't have to go thru labor--I'm so excited. I know it will take longer for recovery, but I have a great doctor whom I trust. Now I know the exact birthdate--can't wait. I'm going to read up on the surgery so I know what to expect.

New Sylvia:

Oh no. What if somthing happens and I need a blood transfusion? I need to make sure my doctor understand's my no blood policy. I need to research what alternatives are available to blood transfusions should something happen. I need to go to the elders to explain the situation and get their guidance--I know there are some things that can be done as an alternative if a blood transfusion is needed, as an alternative to getting blood...I've got some research to do...

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Old Sylvia shopping with friends...Hey look at this cool outfit--it and I just love this color--it's exactly what I have been looking for.

Cool her friends say--looks really great on you too!.

New Sylvia shopping with JW women...Here's a dress that is on sale and sort of my size if I do a few alterations on it (she pulls one out of the rack--a dull lifeless loose-fitting model with long sleeves and a pilgrim type collar).

The JW women all agree that it would make an appropriate field service or meeting dress or could be worn at the next upcoming assembly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit