Dub-think vs. reality-add your own examples

by doodle-v 31 Replies latest jw friends

• codeblue
    codeblue

Doodle: You are so right!!!

I find it amazing how "subtle" the brainwashing was.......happening without even realizing it.......until you start missing a few meetings or questioning Dateline Specials that expose the WTBS, and that lack of love starts slapping you on both cheeks!

Codeblue

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Bob (a brother) Silvia works with gets a job promotion

Silvia's old thinking: Bob got a job promotion

Silvia's New thinking: Hmm, was this job promotion really a blessing from Jehovah? Or, could it be a tempation from Satan, which could lead Bob away from the truth by creating in him materialistic desires and a lust for prominence and a position in the world? Maybe I had better talk about this with some other sisters in the congo. Did you notice Bob's wife has been wearing a lot of new clothes lately? Maybe she is also falling into this trap of materialism. This job promotion could be the beginning of the end for Bob and his once spiritually rich but materially poor family.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Old Sylvia: Oh damn! My four year old daughter told me she has been touched by Mr. 2FastHands! I had better call the police. I had better start looking for a counselor to help her! I'm going to kick that rat bastard's arse!

New Sylvia: Oh my goodness, my four-year-old told me she's been touched inappropriately by Elder 2FastHands. I had better call the elders for advice has how to proceed. I am so angry.. I had better pray to Jehovah to find forgiveness for this brother. He's obviously very sick if this is true, which I can't determine myself, but will know after an investigation by the elders.

CG

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

lmao cyber-sista, that is hilarious yet so sad and true

• Odrade
    Odrade

Young Sylvia shopping for undergarments:

Old Sylvia: "Ooh, Victoria's Secret... one of these and one of those and a few of these. I feel so pretty!"

New Sylvia: "Better buy the unbleached cotton granny panties. If I buy the sexy black ones I might feel compelled to show them to a nice young brother leading to fornication."

Great topic Doodle! Thanks for the laughs.

O

• Sassy
    Sassy

Silvia's daughter has just gotton out of a bad marriage and is moving on with her life which includes a new man.

Old Sylvia: "Oh I am so proud of her, she is moving on, has a good man who treats her well. It makes me so happy to see my daughter happy"

New Sylvia: "Oh no, she isn't free to remarry, he is a worldy man, I think they might even be having (gasp) sex. I must turn her into the elders to keep the congregation clean. I know this will cut me off from talking to my daughter, but pleasing Jehovah is more important than having a relationship with my daughter. I won't even go to the wedding if she marries him. Even now she is no longer good association. I can not eat with her or discuss anything beyond the weather and our health"

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

ROFL Odrade!!

Brother Elder tells Silvia that her skirt is too shirt

Old Silvia: How dare he tell me what i can or cant wear?

New Silvia: I should lovingly submit to theocratic order and not have an independent attitude, after all i am the weaker vessel and the elders probably know what is best because they were appointed by jehovah's holy spirit.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Old Sylvia, being a good girl at heart

" I am so insensed at the the things happening , I will e mail the pressure groups , spread the word about it and make sure I find a candidate to vote for who agrees with me"

New Sylvia

" I think that Satan is really trying to get at me here. I have to fight this desire to have a political opinion. After all it is just one part of Satans world against the other part. I must be careful .... I will Auxilliary Pioneer to keep my mind fixed on the Kingdom.....

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

Silvia's uncle leaves her his vintage rock alblum collection in his will.

Old Silvia: How kind of him! These are great alblums, i cant wait to bring them home.

New Silvia: Some of these albums are demonized, I need to toss them in the garbage immeadiatly.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Old normal well adjusted Silvia, What's an armageddon?

New Silvia,armageddon's been delayed so now apostates can make it back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit