Dub-think vs. reality-add your own examples

by doodle-v 31 Replies latest jw friends

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Oh, and just to bring the above post to reality; my JW mom was with me during my first child's birth. When I was told I would need a c-section, the nurse came in to have me sign paperwork before the procedure--she even explictly articulated that I needed to provide approval for a blood transfusion, should one be needed. I signed without hesitation, realizing my mother probably crigned (maybe not, since she new her daughter/grandchild was not at risk for dying from lack of blood).

I thought, what if I had still been a JW...that's all I needed was to have to worry about blood transufstion in the throes of my child's birth and the need for a c-section.

• boa
    boa

jeepers black sheep, we (wifee and I) have been there with the c-section blood issue. We weren't 'out' yet, but certainly on the way, still we did all the outward 'works' to say we didn't want blood....I seriously doubt though that I wouldn't have quickly given in if it was required....our anethsatist was VERY concerned to even want to help us for God's sake! I wonder why? ....sheesh

anyway....Old Sylvia receives an email from her jdub sister (who had witnessed over the years about how armageddon was to come about) that says a group called 'formulism' has sponsored a petition to the UN to ban religion.......She goes wtf is 'forumulism'?, and then thinks, 'just look at the obvious integration of religions all through the world into society, including the very individuals who represent members of the UN council and the many military people who are religious! WHO would enforce such a ban?????? Obviously, these are some crackpots who won't be taken seriously.....

New dub Sylivia goes.....holy poop.....It's HAPPENING!....I must get ready.....and the first thing I must do is send this email to everyone I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(btw, this is a story that relates to how I got to this forum and then 'out')

boa.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit