Too Posh To Push

by Englishman 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

It seems that many UK women are opting to have their babies via a Caesarian operation because they don't want to experience the pain of childbirth.

The National Health Service will only perform Caesarians if there is a genuine medical neccessity for doing so.

Women such as Liz Hurley and Victoria Beckham paid to have their babies via a C section even though it wasn't medically neccessary.

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/news/s/110/110256_doctors_set_to_tackle_too_posh_to_push_women.html

I wonder if they will regret it later in life?

Is a natural birth an important part of bonding between mother and baby?

Men need to know these things..

Englishman.

• franklin J
    franklin J

well, judging by my experience with childbirth---and I was just the stupid father standing around saying " now, breath, follow me" and taking ridiculous timed breaths---my wife cursed me for not finding the anesthesiologist fast enough to administer the epidural!

...ah, no love lost there!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Natural childbirth is a beautiful thing.

There is more risk with a cesarean.

As far as bonding ? Yes I feel that there is a close bond with natural child birth, but it is very painful, unless you get an epidural.

lol The nurse always says. "ok sweetie push real hard like you are going poop"

She must be reallllly constipated!

• Simon
    Simon

We had Liam by C-Section (emergency breach) and Dylan naturally.

Both were frankly horrific but not the sort of thing you *can't* watch. C-Section is not as painful at the time but the recovery is longer.

I would hate to go through it again ... I was stood for hours, was starving and didn't have a place to lie down, unlike Angharad.

• desib77
    desib77

*Thinking I might need to hold off on starting a family for, oh, maybe 5.....no 10 years....okay, do I really need to have children?????*

Desi.......

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

It's okay, desi, it's worth it, at least it is if you want kids.

• Simon
    Simon

Really, it isn't so bad ... it's scary, but it works out.

Having kids if fantastic (well, conception is the best bit and I guess it all goes downhill from there )

• desib77
    desib77

Well, I do want a child, someday.....but I want it placed on my doorstep....all nice and cute and cuddly.........

I know, I know....doesn't quite happen like that....but a girl can dream, can't she?????

I've always thought men should have a lot of respect for the mother of their children......I don't see any of them volunteering to give birth....

Oh, and early Happy Mother's Day out there to all of you......! I hope you have a wonderful weekend....you deserve it!

Desi

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

I don't want to go into too much detail for fear of scaring the shit out of the women who haven't done it yet, but me and a friend both were totally into natural childbirth the first time, and we both feel that elective ceasarian might be an option next time. Only I do kind of think the process is important. I gave in and had an epidural finally, but it wore off just in time for me to feel everything (yippee dippee DOO) and I can't say it's like a nice relaxing day at the health spa, but I was still glad. I'd never blame a woman for doing elective ceasarean, but I think you do miss out on something.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I don't have any data to support my claim but I don't believe the method of delivery interferes with the bonding process. Most of us are bonded with them before they're even born or at the very latest the moment we look into their little faces. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Heaven.

But then my births were relatively fast, first one took 8 hours, second 1 hour. So I didn't have to wait to see them or wake up from any anesthesia (since they wouldn't give me any!)

Ah, memories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit