Is Watchman guilty of the same "sin"?

by Schizm 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Schizm
    Schizm

Corvin,

Why are you being so controversial? Why are you wanting to pick a fight?

Simon,

Why are you making a joke out of my thread?

• Corvin
    Corvin

SChiz, why won't you accept that your question is mute in light of a much bigger picture? I am not picking a fight. I am offering the honest thoughts you requested. As for Simon, he was making fun of my statement about him in drag, perhaps trying to lighten your mood, but he was clearly not making fun of your thread . . .

• Schizm
    Schizm

Corvin,

Please go away. In my opinion you're doing nothing but cluttering up the thread.

Please have the decency to leave.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Corvin,

Please go away. In my opinion you're doing nothing but cluttering up the thread.

Please have the decency to leave.

Umm . . . no. You could have just accepted my comments, not replied, ignored them and waited for another who thinks like you to post what tickles you ears, but no, you had to go and make it a thing. Your mess, you clean it up.

Corvin

• ball.
    ball.

Schizm, I asked you a relevant question but it got no answer.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Ball:

Rephrase the question.

• Corvin
  • Schizm
    Schizm

Corvin,

I'm not here to agitate people. Apparently you think otherwise. That must me the reason why you're so antagonistic.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Schizm said:

Think about it! Here we have Mr. Anointed himself (Watchman), accusing the WTS of having committed spiritual fornication (due to its connection with the UN as an NGO), while at the same time he himself has been playing tootsie with an "apostate" leader ... all for the sake of getting the e-watchman website off the ground and running.

Schizm makes an excellent point! If the WTBTS commits spiritual fornication by getting into bed with the UN, then Mr. E-watchman also commits spiritual fornication by getting an apostate site to advertise his site! Englishman.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Well, I'm in my usual position of thinking both sides have a point. It seems obvious that if Watchman is a JW then HE thinks this is an apostate site (according to that special, eccentric JW definition of apostate) so it does seem kind of hypocritical of him to post an advert on here. But since JWs are almost always hypocritical about practically everything, I can't myself quite see why get het up about this particular instance of it. And I do agree with Corvin that it's a basically good thing. And who knows what Watchman's particular frame of mind was when he decided to do it? The only consistency you can expect from JWs is that will be consistently inconsistent. Watching them get tangled up in all their confusing, contradictory rules is kind of fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit