BRAG with PHOTOS -->>> your neck of the woods

by Rabbit 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

this is bradgate park, leicestershire, england. once the home of lady jane grey who was married for a brief period of time to king henry VIII.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Sorry Shotgun, I didn't want to do it the SLOW way the first time, so I did it the SLOWER way the 2nd time.

Did anyone else get the dreaded Red X ? Could anyone see my other pics ?

To attach a file, go to on XP, Filestore -clk, then go to Browze and find the picture in your computer, highlight it, clk open, then Upload. Then go to your Reply page, clk the paper clip. This brings up the file pictures you have. Check the file you want to 'attach' & clk 'Upload'. The attachment(s) will show on the rt. side of your letter.

I hope I did not skip any steps, lol.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Hope these images come through:

These are all from Memphis. (That's pronounced MEM-FUSS if you are from here, Mem'fiss if you are from out of town, and Memfrica if you are particularly mysoginistic).

Up front is the Peace Walk in 2002 at a local University. Sadly you can only see the top of my head, but you can see the Zen Master, Thich Nhat Hanh if you look carefully. It was a great walk, many showed up. Dr. Martin Luther King's son showed up the day before, for the lighting of a special eternal flame in honor of his father and the civil rights struggle. Thich Nhat Hanh was also a freind of Dr. King. Many of us also signed a petition begging Bush to let the Weapons Inspectors in Iraq do their work. Oh well, we tried...

Next up, BOOZE and BLUES. That's right, it's Beale Street. Of all the joints on Beale, I gues I like Rum Boogie the best. The little house band is great, and they got the best catfish (with red beans and rice), this side of the Mississippi.

alt

Next up is the Lorraine Motel, where Dr. King was killed. It may seem somewhat morbid, but the place has been restored exactly the way it was that terrible April 4. However, it is now part of the Civil Rights museum. Not many people know this, but the motel was actually owned by a women named Lorraine, and she was so grief stricken, that she died several weeks after the assasination. You can also go into the flophouse across the street where the assasin fired his rifle.

How many cities have a Penal Farm repleat with a rocket-launching area (special permits to 6000feet for amateurs), to a fenced in buffalo herd? We do. It's called Shelby Farms, and its a nice place to spend a day doing nothing particularly productive. Here is a view from the air.

You can see the Memphis Pyramid seen from under the Mud Island Monorail. I have an office in a high-rise to the immediate right, just off camera. The Memphis Grizzlies played their last game here a couple of weeks ago. I lined up for a ticket to that one, but they were all gone, and i don't buy from scalpers. You can see the sunbounced glint of the pyramid from some of the worst slums in North America. They used to illuminate it at night, but no longer. No one knows what to do with the damned thing, now that it has no one to use it. Oh, Mississippi river is just to the left, right across Mud Island. There is nothing to do on Mud Island Island, but it is a tourist attraction. There is an old B-17 bomber there called Memphis Bell, and a fully functioning 1000 foot long model of the river. To get there, take the Monorail. It gets hot in this town, no mistake. The monorail has no air conditioning, and the windows don't really open. Fair warning.

A view across ole Big Muddy where the Old Bridge is. The New Bridge isn't very new, actually, but in local parlance, the Hernando De Soto Bridge (also the world's largest Letter M, if you are keeping track), is "The New Bridge" and the old bridge is, well, the Old Bridge.

I'm not putting a pic of Graceland in here. Interestingly though, there is an E Presley in the phone book. Sometimes, I wonder...

• shotgun
    shotgun

Listen Rabbit....I had questions about your pictures and you go and turn this into a sexual thing again, keep your hands in plain view next week!

Sorry Shotgun, I didn't want to do it the SLOW way the first time, so I did it the SLOWER way the 2nd time.

It was a good offer though, do you have a 1-900 number in case I change my mind?

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Shotgums,

Methinks the Red-Mustacheiod (sp?) stranger protest-eth to much-eth-eth !

You just have a very filthy mind fella...( it will be nice to have a like-munded person to talk to ) ( Oh, thanks Sassy, for the idea of talking REAL quietly so no one else will hear )

Anyway, I hope you can post some pictures of Canadia now, I hear it looks real un-American.

Oh, keep your hands off them hog-laigs and I'll keep my furry paws to myself !

• joannadandy
  • Rabbit
    Rabbit

Joanna, Thanks...those are beautiful. I really like the Winter ones like the snow on the shore and the Lighthouse. We are lucky if we get a good snowfall in N.Central Texas once every 3 - 4 years.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

... ...

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Joanna I love your pics. It looks beautiful. It seems to have all of my favorite things: Water, Woods, changing seasons, beautiful scenary, and an interetsing nightlife. I just might have to put this on my list of places to eventually visit :)

• Leolaia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit