In praise of older women....(I prefer the term mature)

by Makena1 28 Replies latest social humour

• simplesally
    simplesally

At 41, I guess according to Lisa, I am an older woman!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Dear Gadget.... Of course I am looking forward to it... But I am sorry there will be NO condoms in my purse pocket, or anywhere else.. Just a great big hug from a wrinkled ,old lady of 77 years old

Food will be available....But unfortunatly it wont be that good old tasty "LIMEY" grub..... Like Cockles & Mussels, Steak & Kidney Pudding, Spotted Dick, Oh my mouth is watering just thinking about it.....See You soon..... Aztec says your bringing her also GREAT!!!!!(((HUG))

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well hurray for the older women,,but what about older men????? At my age 50 is young.

What about us older men??

How about one of you ladies starting a thread on that subject?

Oh and BTW I think older women are sexy,,smart,,and older xjw women not very easily fooled.

• Sabine
    Sabine

Okay, I'm Mak's wife and I think I know what got him thinking along these lines...a couple of nights ago I got up at 4:00am to go pee. On my way back to bed, here comes Mak on his way to go pee. I started singing the old Sinatra song "Strangers in the Night"...we both had a laugh. The next morning I told him "if you had a twenty-something girlfriend, she would never have gotten that joke, little less have been that witty at 4:00am.

I thought he was agreeing with me just to be nice, I guess I got him thinking!

• bem
    bem

Sabine if thats true I love that story.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I work with lots of women. Some are very young. Some are my age and older. The younger ones are lovely of course. They also whine when the oldies radio station is on.Some of them can't even name a Beatle. They spend hours in the tanning booth to look like brown leather and bleach their hair until it looks like straw. They sit in the breakroom and tell of drunken nights and horrid next morning hangovers. They seem so empty and so vapid. I love them all anyway.They love me mother henning them. There are a couple of exceptions, but basically their personalities detract from their beauty.

The middle aged and older women? They too are lovely. But there is a richness and fullness to their beauty that the younger girls just do not have. You see wisdom in their eyes. You find character in their crinkly smiles. They have experienced much more of life and have interesting stories to tell. They love the oldies station. They know who all of the Beatles are. They don't brag about their ditzy stupidity and drunken blunders. They don't show up to work with visible hickies and alcohol on their breath. They are stunners. I often try to picture them as young women. Then I catch myself and say, "No, I think I will try to picture the younger women with a few strands of gray hair, interesting lines here and there, softer with the seasoning of time and glint of wisdom in their eyes."

Flyin'

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

FlyinHigh,,,,,,,,that was a beautifully written post,,,,,do you write , if not you really could for a magazine, like Marie Claire, I love to read editorial types of articles. I love others viewpoints.

You know alot of men look better with age, and I think most women don't look their best until they are over 30. I mean being 25 is a beautiful age , but like you said, life experiences and wisdom does come shining thru with an woman that has been thru life. It seems she really appreciates the little things in life and in others. I know for myself, I see things so much different than I did in my 20's, mainly I see the difference in myself on the inside. I am sooooo much happier, so much more sure of who I am . When you are truly happy with who you are on the inside, all the things that age brings with it seems to add to your character as well as your beauty.

I wonder if I will still feel this way when I am well into my forties???? I hope to be even happier with myself by then. I believe being young and beautiful is a state of mind. There are many women , in their 70's that I just stop and stare at,,,,they are truly beautiful, wrinkles and snowwhite hair , they are just glowing.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thank you, Dede for the compliments. I'm not a writer but just have a natural way with words. It runs in my family to be articulate.

I wonder if I will still feel this way when I am well into my forties???? I hope to be even happier with myself by then.

Dede, you are an extraordinarily beautiful woman inside and out. You will always be lovely even if you live to be 120. It could happen. Ask Judy Tenuda the Love Goddess. You may go through some emotional growing pains when you get into your early forties. But then you get over it and start to realize you command a respect that you never did before. And you finally understand what "This too shall pass means." As well as other cliche's you only thought you understood before. The forties are awesome in so many ways. You just arrive mentally and it's kind of nice.

Flyin'

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Man, that post and you ladies are making me secretly wish my birthay comes sooner this year. I want to be older!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit