How To Defeat a Circuit Overseer ( Elders, Please Read)

by metatron 25 Replies latest jw friends

• neyank
    neyank

Now Brothers, Don't you know that the Holy Spirit comisioned you to be elders?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OOOOPS.

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

neyank

• Puternut
    Puternut

Metatron,

You're close. But the CO's have a way to make you feel bad, for even doing that. I have been to many elders schools. The last one I went to, we were bombarded with more responsibilities. During the break I went up to the DO and CO. They asked me what I thought of the program. I told them, I was getting burned out. I am a PO, I have a full time job, a family, full congregation responsibilities, etc etc. So I told them that the borg, rather than encouraging the elders for doing the job, made most of them feel inadequate. So perhaps we aren't cut out for the job. They replied with:"You need to put your faith more in 'god'. He will give you the power to accomplish the things that are beyond normal" I looked at them both and told them that I had been an elder for 18 years and had done that. If by now 'god' hadn't done that for me, knowing my circumstances and my efforts, I obviously don't have what it takes to run a congregation.

So even with the approach you mentioned above. You will find that they will lay a 'guilt trip' on your head. No matter where you are in the borg are what you are planning. Everything is a guilt trip, and makes you feel unworthy. It's never good enough.

Puternut

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

Nosferatu,

I am not sure regular bullets will do the trick. Unless they are silver bullets. A wooden stake to the heart would be equally effective.

eyedrevil

• metatron
    metatron

I understand - but of course, you can just keep "humbling yourself" - and thereby frustrate them.

"Yup, I guess I don't have enough faith, like you said. I'm just not up to the job"

Just express doubts about your ability every time they nag you - and then remind them of this whenever you screw up

or "forget" to show up.

Once enough elders figure this out, the whole power structure is screwed. I once heard a C.O. complain about

"false modesty" among the brothers, when he was trying to split the hall into two congregations - and brothers didn't

want the responsibilities.

Yup, yup, yup, we're all so dumb and weak and worthless, Brother C.O. We're good for nothing slaves

and ought to get fired as elders. Yup, yup, yup.....

metatron

• Nadsam
    Nadsam

One of my favourite stories (not sure if I've shared it here at JWD yet)...

After my formal exiting from the borg (about 2 yrs after my JC and removal from the Body of Elders) , the CO came to visit. What an idiot he was !

It was a Saturday afternoon and my wife was still at work when I heard the knock on the door. I invited him in and we went through to the kitchen and sat at the kitchen table. He brought a twerpy young elder with who was one of my apprentices when I was moving up the sith ladder.

Anyway, while they talked and talked and talked I interrupted them and asked them if I could eat something. They looked a little surprised but said ok. I went and opened a tin of Garlic Sardines (bought sardines for the cat as a treat but later saw they were garlic flavoured and so they were in the cupboard about a year). I ate the sardines one at a time"with my fingers...slurping", breathed deep breaths in their direction and gave a few modest burps. OMG !! they still didn't leave.

I said , lets go through to the family room and they said OK. They sat opposite my couch on the two hardest a$$ chairs I could find. I eventually put me feet up and eventually went into a fulll horizontal position. I asked them If I can close my eyes...they said ok. THEY STILL DIDN'T GET THE MESSAGE.

I jumped up and went and got some glasses. I opened my liquor cabinet and offered them each a glass of JACK D. They declined..I asked if I could have..they looked at each other and said OK !! So I had three.

By this time I realized we were in a competition..they would never leave.

I then asked If I could pray for them.

5 seconds later I heard their car start and speed off.

Nadsam

[email protected]

• Mary
    Mary
    Met, you know that according to WT. rules, WE can't simply resign.We have to get their ok to be deleted.

Oh man, this is SO true.......One guy in my Hall told me last week (after it had been announced that he was no longer serving as an MS (Miserable Slave) what really happened. He had tried talking to one of the Zeus-like Elders a month before and told him that he thought he should step down as an MS because he really needed to spend more time with his family. His son is 13 years old, having trouble in school and his daughter is 15 and needs the same. The response was "...Well Jason, we really don't want you to step down right now. The Circuit Overseer is coming in a couple of weeks and we need the figures to look their best, so maybe you should pray about it and try and re-arrange your schedule to spend more time with your family." (uh, wasn't that what he just tried doing????)

Anyway, he reluctantly agreed (foolishly thinking they really appreciated him). Two days before the CO's visit, Elder Zeus came up to him at the meeting and told him "well, we've decided to remove you as a Ministerial Servant because Lorie (his wife) didn't get any time out in Service last month and YOU only got 8 hours for the last 4 months." Jason was absolutely floored. He said the reason Lorie never got out in Service was because her dad had died and she had also come down with bronchitis the same month!! Apparently these reasons are not good enough for Jehovah the Elders and it made no difference at all. He was removed.

So this shows just how insane and controlling some elders can be. There's no way YOU'RE stepping down voluntarily as that would deprive them controlling the situation. I was absolutely disgusted and told him that the elder body should be called The Seven Dorks. Assholes.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    By this time I realized we were in a competition..they would never leave. I then asked If I could pray for them. 5 seconds later I heard their car start and speed off.

ROFL....

• simplesally
    simplesally

Zeus-like Elders

Sounds like they wanna bit of that old time religion!!!!!!!

HAIL ZEUS!

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I don't know man, some of those dudes absolutely relish the idea that they can drive someone out of their exalted position, it's a real power trip.

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

metatron -

Great suggestion - I like it.

Reminds me of my last car purchase. I show an interest in a car, and the sales guys says it's X price, but only for the next 30 minutes because another guy is interested in the car and will be coming back shortly to put in his bid. The very instant he says this, I immediatly tell him, "Oh! Ok... well if you're holding it for someone else don't worry about it" and I instantly drop all interest in the car and walk away. Of course the sales person didn't expect this reaction, and immediatly tries to tell me the other person isn't really that interested in the car and I can put in a good bid...but of course I remind the sales person, "...no no... it's alright, if someone else is interested in it then don't worry"

If you make a salesman lose the sale the very instant they say the wrong thing, they think twice about opening their mouth!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit