How To Defeat a Circuit Overseer ( Elders, Please Read)

by metatron 25 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

It looks like a white-out!

• blondie
    blondie

does this mean COs are invincible?

Blondie

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Here, I'll write something:

1) Get a gun
    2) Get bullets
    3) Find said CO
    4) Go into his house
    5) Have sex with his wife
    6) Wait for CO to come home
    7) Blow his head off

(c)2004 Nosferatu Chewing Gum Company. All Rights Reserved. Material may not be re-printed without Nosferatu's permission or he'll get a gun and blow YOUR head off.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Be nice.

• metatron
    metatron

Ooops!

Here's the post I intended:

So, the Circuit Overseer visits - and on Friday night excoriates you and the rest of the body of elders.

"You're not doing enough! More hours! More shepherding ( i.e. nagging a tired flock), Not Enough, Not Enough!"

So, you simply get up and say

"you know Brother, you're absolutely right. We're not doing enough. There's a dire need to do more

- and clearly, as you've pointed out, I'm not up to the job. The weight of my [ sickness, family, job, depression, etc.]

is too great for me to properly handle my privilege of being an elder. So, I must resign immediately"

Now, it's extremely likely that the intinerant spiritual predator ( i.e. most Circuit Overseers) will be taken aback.

Even if you're a complete loser as an elder ( yeah right, compared to who??), he can't simply let you "get away"

like this - because it might encourage others to more discreetly DO THE SAME! ( Me too! Me too!).

In regard to being Accounts Servant or Congregation Secretary, I can tell you that your fellow elders may almost

dive under chairs or fake a heart attack to avoid getting "appointed" , on the spot. Likewise, Theocratic School Conductor

- a job that requires you to show up for every poorly attended mid-week meeting. This can be hilarious to watch!

Now, if you do succeed in resigning, how can you lose?

You can end up with more time for your family, your hobbies ( remember hobbies?), your job,

and your health.

Sounds like a personal victory to me, no matter what the outcome.

metatron

• minimus
    minimus

Met, you know that according to WT. rules, WE can't simply resign.We have to get their ok to be deleted.

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Good points Metatron,

Yesd, when I resigned, they had just come out with the new ruling that the Body of Elders could refuse your resignation and simply keep you on hold until you return ... so, I was told that they were keeping me in a holding status ... and I said that was fine ... but, I never returned ... and one day they had to accept my resignation when i forced it on them ... but, an Elder cold simply just not show up again, and not even try to resign ... why give these guys anything in writing?

Simply politely walk away - after a good speech like you suggest - and never return ... never call anyone ... never pick up the phone when they call (if you have caller ID) and never answer the door when they knock ... in time they give up ... they forget ... and life goes on.

• Room 215
    Room 215

One sure, if slightly nasty, way of forcing their hand to cut you loose, is to repeatedly call in sick, cancel at the last minute or simply fail to show up whenever you have a big part on the meeting.

• paulE
    paulE

You may want to try this approach. Tell the CO, this story. You could call it a Parable, yeah, a paulEline Parable.

The mailman knocked on my door this morning. He told me that the Postal Department had come to the conclusion that they, Postal Workers, were the only ones who could understand the meaning of the mail that was sent through the system. So, instead of just putting my letters in the mailbox, they would have to read and explain my letters to me. He opened a letter from my dad and read it to me. Dad said that my brother loved me. My mailman explained that what dad meant was that my brother was not really my brother, yet, that maybe, if I was good, he would be my brother in a 1000 years or so. Dad concluded, saying that he would come to visit me when he could. The mailman said that this meant that my dad would be here tomorrow. I grabbed my mail out of his hand. "I want to read it myself." I concluded.

"What do you mean by this?" the CO will ask. "Why do you speak in parables?"

Then you quote Matthew 13:13, with adjustments it says: "Therefore, I speak to you in parables, because seeing you do not see, and hearing you do not hear, nor do you understand."

Hey, it might work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit