Does the Watchtower Society stunt personal development and growth

by truthseeker 64 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Danny,

I hope you find peace!!Best wishes to you.

BTW Have you been making some new friends??

• marie67
    marie67

Theocrat,

I saw your talk the other night. It was very well done.

Marie.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    I'm signing off now. Its been a short ride. Now who will I find to talk to?

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

The Jehovah's Witnesses can grandstand to the ends of the Earth,and you will still.....

GROW OLD AND DIE LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE.

The only variable here is; will you also die broken and unsaved?

[Notice; All Jehovah's Witnesses who have died,are all Still Dead

• noun: a stand at a racecourse or stadium consisting of tiers with rows of individual seats that are under a protective roof
  • noun: the audience at a stadium or racetrack
  • verb: perform ostentatiously in order to impress the audience and with an eye to the applause (Example: "She never misses a chance to grandstand")
  • Quick definitions (grandstand)

Rubber Duck The "Quack" test: http://www.freeminds.org/psych/lifton.htm If it Quacks like a Duck.........

• FairMind
    FairMind

to Theocrat - Who is it that says that the GB is the FDS? They say it but do thier actions prove it? What about the WTBTS' involvement with the United Nations as a NGO, doesn't this make them guilty of spiritual fornication? This is what they have accused the Catholic Church of. I suggest to Theocratic that since you have already committed a disfellowshipping offense by visiting this web site that you vist e-watchman's web site as well and read his letter to the GB regarding their complicity in the UN-NGO issue (by the way, e-watchman is a brother in good standing).

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

To Theocrat, You mentioned about not working hard and attaining a 401k, well that may be well and good for you, however what about the widowed wife you may leave behind, if you are married. what if you had grandchildren growing up in destitue poverty? You may not desire the benefits of a 401k account but what about your family? You need to consider your family in this and not just yourself, just because you would desire to live in poverty doesnt mean your wife or children should. The watchtower society preaches love but really is just a selfish, petty, devil inspired cult

• paulE
    paulE

Theocrat, you know this doesn't count as field service time. But, you are making as much headway as you would at a door. None.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Theocrat said: "If we work 8 hours a day, sleep 8 hours a day, then whats a wiser course? Spend the other 8 hours a day at a second job just so we can afford something we don't really need OR spend that time as Jesus would, or the Apostles, or the other early Christians? Say what you want about the WTBS but don't forget whose world this is. We can work ourselves to death, with what to show for it. I want to make a name with God, not leave behind an impressive 401K account because I worked myself to the grave."

Does he, and the Society really believe, I mean really believe that everyone who wants a career or to work in a profession, does it for money? A 401K?

Some people actually go to college because they like the idea of working in a profession they could contribute to.

Some people want to be nurses, because they enjoy looking after people.

Some people want to be artists, because they enjoy creativity.

Some people want to study to be a doctor because someone in their family may have died of an illness - and they want to see if they could find a cure

Money comes into it, because we all need to survive. But money is not necessarily the sole, motivating factor of the other "8 hours we have" as you said.

401K comes into it, because when we stop working, we still need money to survive.

That is the nature of the world we live in - you don't work, you don't earn. Of course, the more you earn the better, but most people want to work at a job they enjoy.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

The watchtower society is a hypocritical, thieving organization that would tell everyone not to pursue any worldly careers or retirement benefits, however when someone dies thay will lick their lips when they reap the benefits of inheriting someone's 401k. I hope the federal govt someday wises up and cuts off all tax exemptions to the watchtower and makes them pay their fair share of taxes. what hypocrites to tell you that you cant work hard to better yourself, but sit on their lazy butts in new york with their hands stuck out for donations.

• tonyend
    tonyend

I've not been on this board in months. This is the funniest topic I've read in a long time. Thanks for all the laughs everyone!

I was discouraged from indulging in certain hobbies and seeking further education too by being made to feel guilty if that time wasn't used in the ministry. Since getting over that, I've found a job that I enjoy going to each day, my salary has more than doubled and I have a lot less stress. I do, however, miss the age where I knew everything like theocrat does and all was black and white. It reminds me of when I was a teenager and knew more than my mom. Then I turned 21 and realized how much I didn't know. What cracks me up is that when I run into my Witness friends, they talk to me as if they expect me to be unhappy (I'm technically inactive, not DF'd). They seem surprised that I'm doing great and enjoying life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit