Does the Watchtower Society stunt personal development and growth

by truthseeker 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Theocrat
    Theocrat

I'm talking about the men who contribute to abuse, just as Diotrophes did in the first century. Still God's congregation, just a rotten man here or there.

• Corvin
    Corvin

No, Theocrat, I am not talking down to you, I am wondering somethings . . . while pointing out the contradiction (in my own sarcastic way) of what you say vs the fact that are even contributing to this forum. Not that you aren't welcome, however, you are placing yourself above the Moses-like leadership you claim to be subject to simply by being here.

I ask you again, Theocrat, who sanctioned you to come here and witness to us?

Do you not know of the WTBTS's admonition about apostate message boards? Why is it that you feel you can disregard the direction of the WTBTS in this case, sincerely, I would like to know your reasoning.

Corvin

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

TS,

Good points,,that should help our lurkers!!!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    All I can say is that is possible for evil MEN to make their way into God's congregation

Realize the two eyewitness rule is one taught by Jehovah's Witnesses and applied to child abuse by 'faithful and discreet slave'. I had scriptures read to me to 'prove' the veracity of this teaching. But this teaching was evil then, it is evil now and it will be eternally evil. In my mind God and evil cannot co-exist. Therefore the God of love I was taught about, cannot exist in such an organization, which not only teaches this atrocity, but does nothing to stop the abuses and excesses of individuals who implement this evil rule. You say evil men have made their way into God's congregation, and I ask what is this organization doing to correct an atrocity they have been made well aware of. The answer is they have done nothing.

There are times when men of good conscience must stand up and be counted, and damn the consequences. I have made my peace on this subject, as I choose to believe this organization has no good in it whatsoever. If however I am wrong, then I welcome destruction as I do not want to live in a world where children are brutalized, and it is called 'good'.

• Theocrat
    Theocrat

Apostate??!! Last I checked, this is where the discussion of Jehovah's Witnesses took place. If it were apostate, even if considered by general concensus, then I suppose I would need to withdraw from being here, under the counsel of Ephesians 5:11, "have nothing to do with fruitless deeds of darkness, but expose them."

• Mary
    Mary

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

bastards!!!!!!

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Theocrat

Apostate??!! Last I checked, this is where the discussion of Jehovah's Witnesses took place.

I don't understand that. What do you mean? As far as I have been able to see, there's hardly any JWs on here, and hundreds of people whose feelings and words range from disdain to hatred. This site is like the most apostate thing I have ever seen. You're not even allowed to accept religious literature from people at the door, for heavens sake. For a JW this site is the equivalent of going to CBGBs and getting...oh never mind.

• Corvin
    Corvin
    Apostate??!!

Umm . . . duh.

Last I checked, this is where the discussion of Jehovah's Witnesses took place. If it were apostate, even if considered by general concensus, then I suppose I would need to withdraw from being here, under the counsel of Ephesians 5:11, "have nothing to do with fruitless deeds of darkness, but expose them."

Well really then, when you consider that 99.9% of all members of this forum, including its moderators, are XJW's and considered by the Society's standards, apostate, you really are out of your own loop on this one. But you playing dumb is kind of cute.

w00 5/1 p. 10 Firmly Uphold Godly Teaching ***

Some apostates are increasingly using various forms of mass communication, including the Internet, to spread false information about Jehovah?s Witnesses. As a result, when sincere individuals do research on our beliefs, they may stumble across apostate propaganda. Even some Witnesses have unwittingly exposed themselves to this harmful material. In addition, apostates occasionally take part in television or radio programs. What is the wise course to follow in view of this?

The apostle John directed Christians not to accept apostates into their homes. He wrote: "If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. For he that says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works." (2 John 10, 11) Avoiding all contact with these opponents will protect us from their corrupt thinking. Exposing ourselves to apostate teachings through the various means of modern communication is just as harmful as receiving the apostate himself into our homes. Never should we allow curiosity to lure us into such a calamitous course!?Proverbs 22:3.

6 Internet Web Sites: We have an official Internet Web site: www.watchtower.org. This site is adequate to make information available to the public. There is no need for any individual, committee, or congregation to prepare a Web page about Jehovah's Witnesses. Some have posted the contents of our publications with all scriptures and references given in full and have even offered copies of convention material on a donation basis. Whether profit is involved or not, the practice of reproducing and distributing publications of Jehovah's Witnesses in an electronic document is a violation of copyright laws. While some may view this as a service to the brothers, it is not approved an should be discontinued. *** Our Kingdom Ministry September 2002 (For Britain) p. 8 ***

So, I guess we won't be seeing you around anymore Theocrat? No, don't go. Stay and learn some truth about "the truth".

Corvin

• jgnat
    jgnat

Excellent topic, truthseeker. Theocrat, it must be gratifying that you have been able to use your talent on the job and in the service of the organization at the same time. I agree that feelings are nice, but cannot be relied upon to judge whether this organization is the sole mouthpiece for God. A few questions, Theo.

• If a woman of similar talent were born in to your organization, would she receive similar commendation and promotion? She has received the same measure of talent as you. Is it not her obligation to make best use of that talent in service to the Lord?
    • The shy are made passable public speakers. The naturally gifted excel at speaking and selling the WT message. How are those with different talents (such as encouragement, prayer, and helps Eph 4:11, 1 Cor 12:28-31) accommodated by the society?
    • By way of objective evidence, has the organization fulfilled it's own claims?
    • Can a house claiming to speak for God, yet accommodating evil, stand? (Mark 3:22-29)
  • Theocrat
    Theocrat

Learn the truth from you people? hahaha....I don't see one single characteristic of Christ's teachings throughout this site....but then again, what can I expect [deleted]

I'm signing off now. Its been a short ride. Now who will I find to talk to?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit