Does the Watchtower Society stunt personal development and growth

by truthseeker 64 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Drat. Another JW apologist bites the dust. And the debate was just getting interesting.

• Corvin
    Corvin

It is frightening to think that it took Theocrat 34 posts to finally realize he was associating with and preaching to apostates on an apostate forum. Who's he kidding? Nobody is that dumb.

Corvin

• Theocrat
    Theocrat

Hey Corvin:

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, I don't consider myself an apostate, by definition. But definitely, by JW standards, this place is "apostate". I mean, any criticism at all, and my honey is going around saying, "That is apostate thinking!"

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny
    I squandered my vital youthful years for a destructive cult! I had a young mans body that would have beat a Chip n Dale's model.I never even dated or romanced. What a waste! Premature deaths due to poor healhcare.Not caring for their chronic heath concerns like hypertension etc.That's mass murder!

I already got a colostomy bag at age 38 for poor health care attributed to the 1975 default.I never got my teeth straightened as a child because God was gonna give me new choppers any day. Ray Franz,in,"In search of Christian freedom".touched on lifetime Circuit overseers put out to pasture without even a severance plan. The anguish and the agony of having to renounce the lifelong convictions of one's heart.The surreal horror to know that it was all a lie! Growing old in the Watchtower's, 'spiritual paradise' it really s**ks big time doesn't it.

[ What really irks me is a didn't live a double life like most of my peers and i missed out on all the fun,for that they reviled me a geek.]

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ridicule? Reduced to ridicule already?

• Corvin
    Corvin

Theocrat! Why, you've suddenly lost that loving feeling.

Learn the truth from you people? hahaha....I don't see one single characteristic of Christ's teachings throughout this site....but then again, what can I expect [deleted]

Nobody here has said they will teach you "the truth" about God's Word. We are only getting the truth out about what the WTBTS says is "the truth". We are here to, amond other things, expose their lies and half-truths, their deceptions and wrong interpretations of Scripture that has been issued dogmatically for years as the final word on prophesy. Nothing they have ever said has come true. They have been very instrumental, however, in hurting countless people over the the decades.

So, when I said, "Bring it on", I meant bring on more of your apologetic JW rhetoric. There are so many here, and I wish I could count myself among them, who are truly educated and knowledgable about the Bible and religion, especially the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses and will tear apart the rules and policies of the WTBTS and show them to be not only erroneous, but truly absurd. It was sort of the point of this thread started by Truth Seeker.

Corvin

• l3gi0n
    l3gi0n

Truthseeker, god has always had a ?Chosen Organization? there just called Jews..:)

Theocrat you said ? just as many still balk today at a group of human servants that Jesus identified would lead His flock in the time of his prescense?

Just how has Jesus identified Jehovah?s witness as his chosen people? Just who did he notifie? Did he r un a full page add in the newspaper? What exactly is it that Jesus did to identify them?

you and i both know the answer to this question, It is the answer to this question that has ultimately lead many of the posters on this board out of this false, Presumptions organization.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

This is what an apostate looks like.I got education too.

• Corvin
    Corvin
    This is what an apostate looks like.I got education too.

Yes, Danny, since we left or prior to our leaving the cult of JW's we did receive some sort of education that helped to open our eyes, and "the light just keeps getting brighter and brighter". I have read your story and I am truly saddened by what you have been put through in the name of God. Futt Buckers, all of them! Your strength and courage is enviable. Keep up the good work!

You're a handsome fella, Danny. No apostate ever looked so good!

Best Regards,

Corvin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit