I am so sad

by freein89 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shotgun
    shotgun

Deb...sorry for your pain

My dad died when I was 28, it blew me away when I sobbed like a kid considering he was abusive and I had spent most of my life daydreaming of beating the crap out of him. It wasn't until I moved out that we started to have a somewhat normal relationship and now that was gone, seemed like we really only had a few years.

I figured out later most of my grief was because I felt jipped for never having something so many take for granted, a dad they're proud of. I even felt guilty for feeling that way, when I spread his ashes in the places I knew he loved to go not one of my 4 brothers showed up. Guess they remembered the bruises and the fear too. My sister and I talk about him and why he was the way he was but my brothers have pretty much surpressed everything.

If I were you and this will be difficult...talk to your x-husband, it may help him and them too if he initates a conversation in which he apolagizes for some of his past deeds and reafirms to them that he did love them a great deal. He may not even need to apolagize, just tell them he loves them and relive some of the special moments which were precious to both them and him. Memories which they can take with them after he's gone instead of guilt or hate.

Once again sorry for the pain you feel inside and the pain you feel for your children.

• nilfun
    nilfun

I'm so sorry.

• Puternut
    Puternut

Deb,

I am sorry to hear about your pains. This is a difficult time. Perhaps you can make the best of the time left.

My abusive father died 2 years ago. He was df'd and I didn't have contact with him for 18 years. Before he died he came back into the borg, but was a vegetable. So I made the best of the remaining time until his death.

Puternut

• Maya
    Maya

((Deb))...

Get strength from us and relay the message..........

We are with you.........

• Special K
    Special K

((((( DEB ))))))

It sounds to me like you said all the right things so far.

Draw closer together as you go through all this.

I'm so sorry this is all happening to you

sincerely

Special K

• justhuman
    justhuman

ME TOO

• Valis
    Valis

Hi Deb..It isn't easy losing people and is is equally hard to be a good father to your children sometimes. Whether it is by personal choice, circumstance, or a combination of those among other things. My condoloances for your family's loss and I thought maybe this poem was appropriate. Do take care and let us know how you are.

Forgiving Our Fathers by Dick Lourie

maybe in a dream: he's in your power
    you twist his arm but you're not sure it was
    he that stole your money you feel calmer
    and you decide to let him go free

or he's the one (as in a dream of mine)
    I must pull from the water but I never
    knew it or wouldn't have done it until
    I saw the street-theater play so close up
    I was moved to actions I'd never before taken

maybe for leaving us too often or
    forever when we were little maybe
    for scaring us with unexpected rage
    or making us nervous because there seemed
    never to be any rage there at all

for marrying or not marrying our mothers
    for divorcing or not divorcing our mothers
    and shall we forgive them for their excesses
    of warmth or coldness shall we forgive them

for pushing or leaning for shutting doors
    for speaking only through layers of cloth
    or never speaking or never being silent

in our age or in theirs or in their deaths
    saying it to them or not saying it -
    if we forgive our fathers what is left

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Sassy
    Sassy

ahhh Deb, I am so sorry. I don't have words to express how bad I feel for you.

• little witch
    little witch

(((((Deb and Family))))

I am so sorry that you all have to deal with such a thing. Losing a parent is always painful, no matter how good or bad of a parent they were. In fact, losing a parent with whom one has a troubled past is perhaps even worse. Because there is not enough time to work those problems out, and the parent is gone, leaving behind their baggage for the loved ones to deal with. From a childs perspective (regardless of age), hope of reconciliation is suddenly out of reach.

When my Father died recently, I fell to peices. We were never close, in fact, he hated me. What upset me the most was knowing that phone call would never come. He would never explain his actions toward me, or apologize.

I hope things work out better for you and yours. Be assured that you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

LW

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Deb,

Don't know what to say, but just wanted to send a little comfort your way,

Love, cybs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit