I am so sad

by freein89 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freein89
    freein89

My ex is dying and my four children are to lose their father. Yes, they are grown (26-20), but still too young to lose their father. Also, he did not know how to be a Dad, he was their father, but not a Dad if you know what I mean. Three of the four children have been estranged from him for years and I am grateful that they have had a little time to make peace.

When they found out he was dying they felt guilty but I told them that he was their father, the adult and the things that happened when they were children were his responsibility not theirs, I think it helped but they are sad because they want more time. We will have talks about life and death when they are ready but now they have only a few weeks to say good bye.

I am sorry to trouble you all but I need to get this out. I am afraid to start crying for fear I may not be able to stop.

Deb

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Deb,

So sorry you have the bad news to deal with. There must be a lot of emotions to sort out. Hope you get through this the best you can.

Pat

• Maya
    Maya

Oh god, ((((Deb))))........

You are NOT troubling anyone.......

let it out; as much as you need to.

We are all here.......to listen and to give you hugs ANYTIME you need......

Very Sincerely,

Maya

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

(((hugs)))
    That's a tough one.
    I hope you and the "kids" are ok, and bond closer, through this.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Hi (((((Deb))))) ...so sorry to hear this. So tough! Thank you for sharing your pain with us, and please let us hear more about this as you are able.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I am so sad for you all, Deb. However, this is a wonderful chance for you and your children to get some closure before he goes. Make memories. Make peace. It will really make a difference after he's gone.

Lots of love & hugs,

Nina

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

(((((freein89)))))

So sorry this is happening to you.

DY

• freein89
    freein89

I really do appreciate the support. The hard part for me is that the kids are leaning on me and of course I am there for them in every way, we are going to see him today, but they want to hear all the little stories and it gets me reminiscing and this is a gut wrenching thing to do. He has cancer and he looks pretty bad, and its hard to see but the kids want me there and so there I shall be, but looking into his tormented eyes is killin me. He had done some really awful things and now they are on his mind and I can see it.

He has one very big apology to make to someone and I must ask him today if he wants me to relay the message for him, I know it is on his mind I see it and I feel it. This person deserves to know of his regrets and he needs to make amends to die in peace but God what an awful thing this is.

I need strength. I may never see him alive again and so today is the day I must try to help, or I will be tormented with it too, because this must happen.

Deb

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(((((Deb))))) Be strong, hon. You're doing the right thing.

Nina

• Emma
    Emma

I'm sorry for your grief. Your kids may be "grown up" but it's still going to be hard for them. Sounds like you're there for them, though, which will be a support for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit