Survey:What should the U.S do with Texas?

by IronGland 71 Replies latest social current

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Rabbit! Those are soooo beautiful!! No, I didn't try that click on them thing, cuz, I tried it one time and nothing showed up......I'll try it again sometime! Thanks! Also, where's the one of yourself???? You forgot that one?

Frannie, ohhhh, that explains everything! Actually, I enjoyed the heat while I was down there, but, after 3 or 4 months of sunshine, I could see how it could get old, just like anything else. And, considering that CT is so tiny and near the shore also, that is why the whole state is like a giant sauna in the summer! It's very lush tho..............the one thing I missed when I was in Texas was the color green..........where my sis and mom live near Dallas, it was sooooo parched...........just brown rolling hills..............it was yucky. Another thing I don't like at all about Texas is the fire ant population!! OMG! Those guys are just plain ornery!!! I was lying out on my sister's back lawn getting some color and one crawled up on me, stopped in the middle of my stomach and just bit me, for NO reason at all!!! I squished him good! My sister is now deathly allergic to fire ants after being bitten by them shortly after she started living there. I was there when it happened. We had to go to the ER because she broke out in HUGE hives and then started having problems breathing! Now she carries the epipens with her. But, ever since she was attacked by a nest of honey bees in New York, she's been sensitized to venom. Actually, I don't like CT much either.........it's getting too crowded for me. That's why I want to move north to upstate New York, where my mom was born.........I need lots of breathing room!

Terri

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    the one thing I missed when I was in Texas was the color green..........where my sis and mom live near Dallas, it was sooooo parched...........just brown rolling hills..............it was yucky. Another thing I don't like at all about Texas is the fire ant population!! OMG! Those guys are just plain ornery!!! I was lying out on my sister's back lawn getting some color and one crawled up on me, stopped in the middle of my stomach and just bit me, for NO reason at all!!! I squished him good! My sister is now deathly allergic to fire ants after being bitten by them shortly after she started living there. I was there when it happened. We had to go to the ER because she broke out in HUGE hives and then started having problems breathing!

That explains it, Terri....you just didn't travel a few miles farther into SE Texas where the Big Thicket begins....it's plenty lush and green all the way down to the coast. Tyler (about 100 mi. East of Dallas) is famous for it's roses....and it's plenty green there.

As for the fire ants...........what can I say? Tho, I'm truly sorry to hear about your sister's problem with them. We'd rather they weren't here, too...heh

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit